1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Baseball Thread Titled IX - play fair

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Overrated, Aug 3, 2006.

1. loveyabye

loveyabye Guest

This is from Tom Gage's blog:

"After Monday night's game, the Twins' star lefty Francisco Liriano said he was scared about a new problem in his left arm. He said he couldn't throw any of his pitches the way he wanted from the second inning on, and that his arm bothered him on every pitch. Not good, in other words. Not good at all for a team that depends on two pitchers as much as the Twins depend on Santana and Liriano."

2. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

As a Spanish speaker, I found that very funny. I would have gone for maricon. But that's just me.

3. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Fuck the White Sox. And I mean that in the nicest way possible.

4. RAMBO

RAMBO Member

Tigers win last hip hray hip horay!

5. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Jumping on the bandwagon eh? Please fall off and break your neck.

6. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

Amen, brother.

7. Armchair_QB

And fuck Jim Hendry for still wanting to bring Dusty Baker back.

8. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

From Liriano after Monday's game:

It started bothering me in the second inning," said Liriano, who was taken out after four innings. "It really bothered me. I couldn't throw fastball, changeup, slider or anything."

9. 21

21 Well-Known Member

I stood by my beloved Cubs in 69...and 84....and all the years in between and since. Some of the greatest memories I will ever have are from times spent at Wrigley. I still get misty every time I walk into that ballpark.

But it took Jim Hendry and this current team to make me a Sox fan.

It's a protest, not a commitment, but enough is enough.

10. Armchair_QB

If al-Qaeda had a baseball team I'd put on a turban, grow a beard and declare jihad on Ozzie Guillen before I'd root for the White Sox.

11. pallister

pallister Guest

Al-Qaida will win a World Series before the Cubs do.

12. 21

21 Well-Known Member

The Cubs are the sporting equivalent of domestic violence...they treat you like shit and then get all weepy and earnest and tell you they're so sorry, they're going to try harder, it's going to be better, and anyway, it's your fault, you whiny bitch fans, you don't appreciate or understand the pressure, damn you!!

Just try. Don't put dog food on the field and tell folks it's sirloin. We know that smell.

Draft saved Draft deleted