1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Baseball Thread Titled IX - play fair

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Overrated, Aug 3, 2006.

1. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

The Tigers have now won 14 games in their final at bat.

And this one comes after Kenny Rogers gives up three in the first, then basically shuts down Cleveland.

2. Overrated

Overrated Guest

Tiger broadcaster Rod Allen just said, "Placido Polanco, from the neck up, is one of the smartest players in the game."

Anybody who doesn't get to listen to Allen is really missing out. He's one of those guys you and your buddies start imitating after a couple pops.

3. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

The B.J. Upton third base experiment is going as planned...two errors tonight against BoSox.

4. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

Did Danny Ainge design it?

5. Overrated

Overrated Guest

Manny: 2 for 4, 21 games.

6. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

And to think, the Royals had been on a tear ... too bad they had to play division foes again.

7. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

Aside from Zach Duke's craptastic first inning today, the Bucs have been pretty hot since the break, too. I'm still pissed they didn't pony up and acquire Ryan Shealy. Dude's gonna be a good one.

8. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Loewen tonight had one of his best ever professional starts. It was just like he was pitching for Canada against Team USA in the WBC last March. No way he throws like that all the time, but damn if he didn't look like someone worth the millions upon millions in signing bonuses he was given a few years back.

And I'll take that bet with Overrated regarding Javy Lopez.

9. Hank_Scorpio

Tigers get a 1-0 victory with their No. 6 or 7 starter, Ledezma. And gain a game on the White Sox, who lost to Toronto 7-3.

10. Hank_Scorpio

11. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Twins finish a four-game sweep of the (once-again) hapless Royals, who walked everyone but me in the series.

And gain a game on the Shite Sox, who lost, but not on the Yankees, who won.

Another big three gamer with El Tigres. Hank, can we please get two of three this time?

We need them worse. And I'm not asking for a sweep. Just two of three.

We're not going to catch y'all. Spot us a game, if for no other reason than to keep Chicago out.

12. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Just read the Joe Mauer feature in SI. Not too bad.

One thing struck me. Lately here at SportsJournalists.com, at the end of a joke someone will do the ol' (read: Hilton, Paris) reference thingy. Guess what appeared in the Mauer story? The same thing, though I forgot the exact reference. Made me think that the author of the story reads us here at SportsJournalists.com. And then I thought, "of course she does because SI is jealous of SportsJournalists.com."

Anyway, I didn't know Mauer was USA Today's player of the year in football AND baseball. Impressive.

Oh, and here's a picture I took yesterday. (read: parade, Shrine Game).

[​IMG]

Draft saved Draft deleted