1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The best movie of the year... I still can't believe it...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Mizzougrad96, Jun 15, 2007.

1. JR

JR Well-Known Member

A)Fixed.

B) Opposite poll? What: tax funded healthcare versus pay through tne nose healthcare?

2. Mighty_Wingman

Mighty_Wingman Active Member

3. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Let's lighthen this up a little

Pop quizz--but no Canucks allowed. You'd have to give up your Timcard if you got it wrong.

What's the connection between Jack Bauer and Canadian Medicare?

4. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Jack Bauer is played by Kiefer Sutherland, who also happens to be a dirty Canuckistani?

EDIT: Did some googling, and that's fascinating. I had no idea.

5. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

They are two things I have absolutely no interest in? ;D

6. JoelHammond

JoelHammond Member

While I debate whether I'll give Michael Moore $9 of my money. ... Why the hell does Junkie keep deleting posts?

Am I missing something here?

7. JR

JR Well-Known Member

C'mon Ragu, humoUr me. :)

8. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Who is John Galt?

9. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Touche. Very nice.

10. duckncover

duckncover Member

The arguement I'm mocking, friend, is the stat you threw out about GDP, which I suppose you felt made a case against universal healthcare. Sadly, no. We spend more of our GDP on healthcare yet 45 million of us are not covered. Reminds me of a Simpsons quote:

"You can use stattistics to prove anything, Kent. 14 percent of people know that."

You took the stat completely out of its context. I merely reinserted the crucial fact yiou left out. Canada spends less on healthcare and EVERYONE is covered.

11. And an awful lot of the "GDP" we spend on health-care is on paperwork and "administrative costs."
    There are no worse legal institutions in the world than American health-insurance companies. None. Period.
    And the "ddug innovation" dodge?
    Well, not so much any more there, either.
    http://www.acsblog.org/ip-and-tech-law-report-patent-law-stifles-drug-innovation.html

Draft saved Draft deleted