1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Big Ball Theory

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chef2, Mar 14, 2017.

1. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

2. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

I love how it's just casually mentioned that the replacement official gave LaVar his second tech and ejected him. Maybe the first ref was "trying to make a name for herself" but obviously LaVar wasn't squeaky clean himself. And I realize I just made a "no shit" statement. LaVar be an ass? I'm shocked, shocked I tell ya.

3. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

4. DeskMonkey1

DeskMonkey1 Active Member

So, basically Adidas is fixing the games

5. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

What fucking drawing power does LaVar Ball have?

6. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Really, AAU games are not on the level?

7. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

Source: 2 women, 1 man to officiate LaVar game

A crew with two women and one man will officiate Friday night's game between LaVar Ball's Big Baller Brand and College Bound at the Adidas Uprising Summer Championships in a display of solidarity for a female official who was berated and replaced after she gave Ball a technical foul Friday morning, per a source.

The original plan called for an all-female crew, but a "compromise" led to the addition of one male official for Friday night's game, per a source.

8. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

What a freakin' joke. The story says she's an NCAA Division I women's basketball official. Then there was a "miscommunication." No, the miscommunication is LaVar is an asshole who thinks he can do and say anything he wants as a coach, parent or fan. Glad I work for some organizations that have zero-tolerance to kick out coaches, players and fans if they get out of hand. Haven't had to do it -- or come close. Seems like I would with LaVar -- and I'll put up with a decent amount of crap. But this? No chance.

Chef2, franticscribe and HanSenSE like this.
  9. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Adidas is trying to appease LaVar to sign the kids, and not even looking to hide it.

10. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

11. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Being on a reality show is what ruined Lamar Odom's life?

I think that's a stretch.

12. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Someone needs to take LaVar out and kick the shit out of him.

Draft saved Draft deleted