1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Big Ball Theory

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chef2, Mar 14, 2017.

1. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

It's possible, but LaVar said he's not going to play high school ball. Going back on that would mean he admits he was wrong about something.

2. Flip Wilson

Flip Wilson Well-Known Member

If you're a high school coach, would you want to deal with all the baggage that would come with having that kid on your team?

3. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Would it be the coach making that decision?

4. Flip Wilson

Flip Wilson Well-Known Member

I don't know if it would be the coach making the decision, but it would be the coach(es) dealing with this kid and his old man and probably an AAU coach or two.

5. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

It depends. I could see a younger or self-centered coach thinking that he's the one finally able to handle all of the Ball family madness. Plus, banners hang forever, and he's only going to be around a year or two. (I know, it's high school sports, so that's stupid, but we have an entire thread devoted to stupid parental and coach behavior.)

Flip Wilson likes this.
  6. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

7. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

Anyone watch the Ellen show?

8. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

FUCK no! :cool:

heyabbott and cjericho like this.
  9. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

10. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Yes! Let's have an under 30% shooter chuck it up more. Lots more.

Maybe that will lead to more gimmes at the free throw line. Oh wait, he's 54% there.

Also, kind of hard to believe a starting point guard has 13 total FTs in 10 games. Guess there's not a lot of Ball going to the hole, or putting it in the hole.

11. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

12. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

Given LaVar and the President’s combined diplomatic ability, I don’t see any way that could become a big deal.

HanSenSE and sgreenwell like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted