1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The boys ...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Flash, Jun 29, 2006.

1. shotglass

shotglass Guest

If you got a haircut that really fucks, you'll have a new job before you know it.

2. Flash

Flash Guest

Where's there? And yes, I used to be quite the photographer ... love shooting rugby.

3. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Sorry about your job loss, Flash. You can always come here ya know. :D

4. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Come to Texas, Flash. Lots of jobs here and one really big baseball and hockey fan, to boot.

5. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

Well Flash there may be a spot at my paper open in the next month or two - I know it's a step or two down from what you were just at - but if you're interested at all I'll let you know if it comes open. There's even a couple of FLames fans in the office to keep you company.

6. Flash

Flash Guest

Flames fans? How do you handle it? The Oilers fans at our place drove me friggin' nuts!

7. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

There's a lot of verbal sparring back and forth, but mostly in good fun of course. Also big divisions in football with the Esks, Stamps and Roughies. Great group of guys to work with though, especially if the sports guy who works under me can be pushed out the door.

8. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Flash
    Maybe you should move out here and work for a real newspaper--you know, the Star or the Globe. :)

Hell, maybe the Etobicoke Guardian is hiring.

9. Was I the only one who saw the title to the thread and thought it would be about Flash's testicles?

10. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Not Flash's because knowing her name as I do, I know there's no boys there (at least I hope not).
    But, yeah, I did think it was about someone's boys.
    I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving it.
    What's wrong with my boys?

11. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

Damn. Sorry to hear that Flash. At least it sounded like it ended on a somewhat positive note.

12. Flash

Flash Guest

I do have big brass ones, Moddy. Metaphorically, that is. Nothing hanging down there -- at least not last time I checked.
    Ontario would be an option. It's actually one of the provinces in which I haven't lived yet. I'm open to moving but I love Calgary so much ...

Draft saved Draft deleted