1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Daily Larry King thread...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by DanOregon, Nov 17, 2023.

1. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

No chip shot, that.

2. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

I miss how stewardesses used to read out connecting gates and you’d judge whether or not you’d rather be going to the announced towns. “Birmingham” hell no. “San Diego” absolutely.

garrow and maumann like this.
  3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Happy Presidents Day. I'll have James K. Polk as captain of my All-Underrated Presidents. Did a lot in one term. Right up there with George HW Bush.

garrow and maumann like this.
  4. DanOregon

There's a hot new script floating around Hollywood. Hoosiers 2! It's a few years later, Ollie is the coach, Norman Dale left right after the championship game for a suburban Indianapolis school, Jimmy Chitwood got a scholarship to Purdue, but left after a semester and lit it up in DII. Ollies team is struggling, he's worried about being canned. The barber shop boys are on his ass when the first black family in Hickory shows up with a six-foot-six son named Jeremiah.

5. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Forget Seinfeld, Jason Alexander's best work was in "Duckman." Man, I loved that show. Not much into cartoons, but it just spoke to me.

6. DanOregon

Is there something about the third Monday of April that puts the year in hyperdrive? Gaza protests across the country, Trump trial, the Boston Marathon, NBA playoffs and suddenly "everything" is happening this weekend? Weird.

7. DanOregon

These hockey and basketball finals are putting me to sleep.. RIP Jerry West and Chet Walker... Great players....I can't remember the last time I was in a movie theater...There is so much pressure on men when they propose marriage to get it right, the setting, the inevitable questions the bride gets about "how did it happen?" - shouldn't men expect something more than a simple yes? Maybe a "flash mob" or something? I mean, in addition to copious amounts of sexual favors that follow? Just my two cents.

maumann and garrow like this.
  8. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Whatever happened to Jason Lee? My Name is Earl was truly Must See TV in my house.

9. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Was having dinner with a good friend at Joe's Stone Crabs and he said the flooding they're seeing in Miami is worse than anything he's seen in the 82 years he's lived there...whatever happened to the two-door coupe?...

maumann likes this.
  10. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Travis Kelce broke new ground for players on the line of scrimmage dating celebrity dames. Now it is time to take the next step and fix up an offensive lineman. Bruce Matthews and Tiffany - what do you say?

11. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Remember when Vince Vaughn was the biggest star in movies? I do, and folks, I miss that time.

12. DanOregon

Kendrick v. Drake? Sinatra would take them both out.

garrow likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted