1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Daily Larry King thread...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by DanOregon, Nov 17, 2023.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I've never understood people "freezing their bodies" when they die hoping a technology develops that will bring them back to life. If I did it, it certainly wouldn't be after I died - it would be when I was in my 30s and in reasonably good shape.

2. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Which reminds me of the '80s cable classic "Hardbodies" now there was a movie, folks......

ChrisLong and dixiehack like this.
  3. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

I was having dinner at Shula's Steak House the other night when Maury from Miami Beach comes up to me with a brilliant idea. How about towing icebergs into the Gulfstream to cool off the Atlantic Ocean and stop all these hurricanes from forming? Then the icebergs would re-freeze up by Boston and we'd tow them back. That's a winner. Don't forget, I'll tell the Carvel Ice Cream story after this break on the Mutual Radio Network ... then it's Open Phone America at 3.

poindexter likes this.
  4. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Hey think what that means to all those thirsty Arab farmers!

5. DanOregon

6. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Is it just me or were Jolly Ranchers much better in the 80s?

7. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Fixed

garrow likes this.
  8. DanOregon

I swear its true - I was cleaning out the couch looking for a pair of readers I misplaced and found an old Jolly Rancher. It was delicious!

9. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

When they stopped making songs like my good friend Joe Tex's Aint Gonna Bump No More (With No Big Fat Woman), I stopped listening...

garrow likes this.
  10. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

garrow likes this.
  11. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

It always bugged me when people would refer to Playboy centerfolds as "bunnies." They were Playmates! Bunnies were gals who worked at the Playboy clubs.

12. DanOregon

Better launching pad for fame - Playboy or Miss America?

Draft saved Draft deleted