1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Economy

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TigerVols, May 14, 2020.

1. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

I've never had any problems with Lowe's, and I don't even consider this situation a problem. It's just odd.
    My cousin offered to lend me his trailer just to go back out there and pick one up, but I figured just let them deliver it. I don't have to have immediately, and going back out there to change the order from delivery to pickup would be a hassle.

2. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

I'm not using pickup anymore since I got the text that my order was ready, I head down there, stand in line for 20 minutes. . . and they suddenly can't find my order (which was several boxes of flooring).

Driftwood likes this.
  3. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

A nearby town banned gas leaf blowers because of the noise. The joke's on them because gardeners then used a gas generator to power some lawn equipment.

Lawns are unnatural, suck water away from trees, and are not found in nature. But if you let your grass grow wild here, you'll invite a summons. The elderly lady across the street ripped out her lawn and planted various shrubs and small trees among a gravel hardscape base, like a mini English garden. Require little care or water.

4. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Which is good. New developments in nearby Aurora here limits the size of lawns.

Dog8Cats and 2muchcoffeeman like this.
  5. BTExpress

Those things are always gorgeous whenever I see them. Not so great for dogs, but . . .

6. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

I’m rarely a “get off my lawn!” type, but I absolutely hate when I go to a store and the salesperson tells me to just buy what I’m looking for on Amazon.

7. BTExpress

Went to my mechanic needing a headlight assembly because one of my covers was fogged up beyond repair. He told me to go to rockauto.com and buy there, as they were about half the price he would have to charge. When it arrived, he installed it for no charge. Last year he installed a passenger mirror for no charge.

Driftwood likes this.
  8. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

this is also 'politics,' but I won't repost it there in order to prevent anger and sadness

OscarMadison likes this.
  9. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

10. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

no really

it's fine

11. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Several years ago we had to get a new laptop. I went to Best Buy and picked one out, and of course they were out of stock. It'll be a week, they said. OK, fine. I figured by the time I ordered one online and had it shipped it'd be a few days anyway and it wasn't an urgent need. I paid for it and it was ordered. A few days later we get a notification that it'd be another week. Sucks, but it's kind of the same deal at that point so I decided to wait it out.
    Another few days pass and I get another notification that the item is out of stock completely and the shipment date is TBA. I went back to the local Best Buy and raised some hell with a returns clerk and then a manager who both had obviously checked out on my complaint 10 seconds into it. That only pissed me off more, and then I realized I was talking to a wall, got my refund and left.
    As soon as I got home we ordered the laptop online from either Amazon or the manufacturer — same model, and maybe even a cheaper price — and had it two days later.

Driftwood likes this.
  12. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

I don't think I've ever had a Lowe's employee ask me if I needed anything, or could they help me find something. They rival Walmart for unhelpful workers.

Draft saved Draft deleted