1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Economy

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TigerVols, May 14, 2020.

1. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

The problem with Toyota right now is it's purposely limiting inventory in the U.S.
    Apparently the profit margin here is about 3% while it can get up to 11% in other global markets.
    I just want a new flippin truck.

2. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

I am a huge fan of both my toaster and my Camry! Both have a lot of miles on them and a lot of crumbs inside them!

wicked, PaperDoll, maumann and 6 others like this.
  3. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

You and I both, although I'm keeping the car cleaner than I thought I'd be able to (maybe because I only get to drive it 2-3 times a week)

I'd like to see the linear graph of cars illustrating "driving personality" on one axis and "reliability" on the other.

4. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Camrys are great people movers, but they suck at dropping the top and carving up a curvy road on a crisp fall day.

5. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

You could probably crib a workable substitute from one of those men's magazines dealing with the "hot" vs. "crazy" women thing.

dixiehack likes this.
  6. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

My truck is very much an extension of me and my personality. A buddy from work bought a truck last year totally sight unseen. He got a call from a dealer in Virginia who said "We have a truck." He said, "I'll take it. I'm on my way." Not only did he not even know what color it was, he didn't even know what make it was (Chevy) until he got there.

Hell to the naw.

7. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

I would reluctantly buy another Ford if there wasn’t much other choice. Hard pass on GM and Mopar.

8. Neutral Corner

No effin' way.

Driftwood likes this.
  9. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

As I may have posted on other threads, I live in New England, where the concept of "drivability" has little to do with fun and much to do with "how's it go in snow and ice?" I have a Subaru Forester. A more unglamorous car could hardly be imagined, but it serves my needs very well. It holds a bunch of stuff when needed and it's a good winter car.

I Should Coco and 2muchcoffeeman like this.
  10. Neutral Corner

You bought the right tool to do the job. There's nothing wrong with that. Or Subies.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  11. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

The only toasters I know are these, because for years GE actually manufactured toasters. Also because these locomotives frequently suffered visible scorching from engine fires.

getoaster.jpeg

Neutral Corner likes this.
  12. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Correct. But there is - at least, there WAS - a Subie with plenty of punch and handling to go with the reliability, AWD and a six-speed.

C'mon, bring it back, Subie. Now.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2023
Draft saved Draft deleted