1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Economy

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TigerVols, May 14, 2020.

1. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

No good place to stick this so I put it here.

$10 admission for a fucking middle school track meet holy fuck what universe is this?

Inky_Wretch and JimmyHoward33 like this.
  2. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Free here in Fairfax County

3. dixiehack

My blood pressure eased slightly when I realized there was a QR code to scan that allowed payment by credit card. And Tuscaloosa County voters keep shooting down school levies, so I get that stuff has to get paid for somehow. At least it is a nice setup. But dadgum.

4. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

I’m one of the coaches for two track meets with seven elementary schools participating (like 700-plus kids) and both are completely free at the local high school’s stadium. Even the concessions are reasonable — it’s like $2 for a hot dog or a slice and a soda.

5. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

I’d love to see them try to collect admission for a cross country meet. That’s when you know things have jumped the shark.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  6. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

WHAT IS BIDEN DOING ABOUT THE PRICE OF MIDDLE SCHOOL TRACK MEET TICKETS

7. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

$10? That will get you into the state football playoffs in CT.

8. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

Surprised it wasn’t $12.50 with a processing fee to the QR code host company

9. dixiehack

They took a buck for a total of $11. I could have gotten a ticket to the Birmingham Stallions opener for about the same price.

JimmyHoward33 likes this.
  10. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

Heck, just yesterday I looked at Braves tickets. Nosebleeds for a random midweek game against Pittsburgh were $50.
    Nope. I've probably seen my last Major League game in person.

11. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Just saw Yankee tickets (home vs TB) for Friday night at $16.

I think it depends how you search. Gametime, Stub Hub, Yankees website, etc., etc.

12. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

You are probably right, and that - to me - is part of the problem. Teams don't have box offices anymore. You can't go to a team's website, click tickets, and buy tickets from the team.

Draft saved Draft deleted