1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Economy

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TigerVols, May 14, 2020.

1. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

I shit you not there are people in the Facebook comments convinced Biden-Harris is to blame for this.

chevron-right

2. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

3. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

I hope this clown realizes it's 2024 and community sponsorships are there.

4. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

5. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

6. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

A few weeks back, a turnstile hopper cut right in front of my 8-year-old daughter as she was swiping her card.

He even looked at her and said “Hi!”

Asshole.

7. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

There is no crime in Hampsterdam.

Driftwood likes this.
  8. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

What hath deregulation wrought?

9. Regan MacNeil

10. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Fare evasion was a problem on the buses from the moment we introduced the new ticketing system. That was before the pandemic made everything worse.

I've seen lots of enforcement on our crosstown route down here the last few months.

Good thing Hochul paused congestion pricing so the system has no money to operate at all.

11. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

The invisible hand of the free market will fix this as consumers avoid Boar's Head products, which in turn will cause the two families who own the company to end their feud and invest in better safety measures thus providing a safer cut of bologna to the public. This will prove free markets and deregulation of odious government oversight is good for everybody ... except those eight people who died. But the tree of liberty must be watered from time to time with the blood of patriots who died eating tainted meat.

12. Regan MacNeil

It's almost like having companies conduct their own quality control inspections is a bad idea.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted