1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Economy

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TigerVols, May 14, 2020.

1. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

Probably because it was something you ordered. I am happy it worked out for ya!

2. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

I don’t know how FedEx did it, but they managed to lose a mattress for about a month this summer (granted one of the kinds that expands after you take it out of the box.) I had already had my replacement for three weeks in it showed up, with the box looking like it had a front row seat at the demolition derby. If it hadn’t been for my honesty, Amazon would have never known.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2021
    OscarMadison likes this.
  3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

4. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

FWIW, gas was 7 cents a gallon less this morning than the last time I filled up a week or so ago.

5. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

GQP seditionists distributed a blueprint for a coup.

But fucking gas prices.

FileNotFound likes this.
  6. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Gas down 50 cents a gallon from a month ago. Yay Brandon.

OscarMadison likes this.
  7. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

This is Amazon's SOP for everything - From their perspective, it's always just cheaper to send you a replacement ASAP, and it cost less man hours than attempting to trace where Package #1 went. At least when I worked USPS, we had GPS in our scanners, and they'd ask a regular or a clerk to retrieve an item if someone fucked up.

garrow, wicked and OscarMadison like this.
  8. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

The producer price index just announced, was up 9.6 percent year over year.

9. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

FYI, that is the fastest pace in history.

Also, if the Labor Department is telling you prices rose 9.6 percent year over year, you can guarantee that it's way more dramatic than that. They have changed the components of that index (same with CPI) continually over the last couple of decades in their efforts to underreport prices.

maumann likes this.
  10. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

We haven’t run out of parts on our line for a month now. Of course, I don’t know what we’re paying to keep those parts coming, either. Our people have been working their butts off to keep even bolts coming on time. The closest we’re coming to shortages are wire harnesses from Taiwan. They’re just getting to us in time.

11. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Cat food shelves at Publix this morning about 95% empty.

12. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Weird. There was plenty on the shelves of our Target last night.

Draft saved Draft deleted