1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The exact moment that Jason Whitlock stopped mattering

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Thrilla_in_Vanilla, Sep 24, 2020.

1. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

2. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

3. LanceyHoward

LanceyHoward Well-Known Member

This has got to be the single dumbest thing I have ever read:

When ESPN ran me out of there that was them sending out a bat signal of ‘men with balls aren’t welcome. We don’t want any real men, we want feminized men.' I was the intellectual backbone for masculine men at ESPN, that’s what I represented. They ran me off and said ‘No guys, you see Bomani Jones, Howard Bryant, these feminized men, that’s our blueprint, that’s the kind of masculine energy we want coming from these guys that are highly feminized and have a matriarchal point of view and are basically ‘yasss queens’ themselves.'

Marrioti or Bayless would never, ever say anything that stupid. That is not a defense of the two aforementioned men, who have said some really, really stupid things.What the hell is masculine energy and why is it better than being a feminized man? The only thing I can think of is that Whitlock thinks he gets laid more than Jones or Bryant, which I doubt.

4. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

He also has a weird personal vendetta against Jones and Bryant. He attacks Bomani all the time. Bomani won't even acknowledge him.

5. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Jones ain't wrong. Should we try that here?

Yes. Yes, we should.

6. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

These are some of the things Jason's new friends believe in.

Falling asleep on a green room couch - that's the stuff of masculine energy.

7. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Fat black guy dog-whistling to blacks who don't like anything less than macho? Which is hysterical coming from him.

Intellectual backbone for masculine men at ESPN lol. That might be the funniest thing I read today.

8. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

This in no way reminds me of Tucker Carlson’s closeted, self-loathing “Tribute to Masculinity” a few years back.

9. Jesus_Muscatel

Jesus_Muscatel Well-Known Member

46 pages over two years and change ... yeah, Whitlock's an ass, but, wow

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  10. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

The coronavirus has been good for 2400 + pages.

Jesus_Muscatel likes this.
  11. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

oof

12. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

I don't know if "good" is the right word, but I know what you mean :)

Draft saved Draft deleted