1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The final days of McDonald's?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by da man, Oct 16, 2015.

1. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Chick.

2. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Yes, it is.

But taking your kid to McD's over Chick makes it a little easier.

3. YorksArcades

YorksArcades Active Member

What are these "millenials" you speak of?

4. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

:) :) :)

I gave up looking for this years ago. Glad to see it's arrived. Had not heard it in at least 30 years.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2015
  5. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

For me, the amazing thing is that the amount of meat on a regular McDonald's hamburger is almost non-existent. You have to get a quarter-pounder to be anywhere near a "hamburger" or "cheeseburger." As a kid and all through my adult life I've been a Filet o' Fish fan. And even that has fallen in quality badly over the last 40 years. If I had to guess, I've had fewer than 30 of their regular hamburgers or cheeseburgers in my life, and fewer than 100 total between quarter pounders, big macs, double-cheeseburgers. Occasionally I'd opt for the McChicken. As weak as it is, it's still better than any of their "burgers." They might have won me over if they'd stuck with the McDLT, but they gave up on it.

6. old_tony

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the orange drink back then not a soda but more a non-carbonated (but not juice) beverage? It was in those covered containers that squirted it around inside like a fountain. I think it might have been Hi-C. I am pretty sure it wasn't soda.

7. old_tony

The origination of "Egg-a-Muffin."

We played the grooves off this album in college and I now have it on CD. My college friends and I still quote it extensively.

8. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Or you could just scroll up a couple of inches and look around ...

9. old_tony

Eh, I was on Page 9 at the time. Oh, well.

It's good to know so many others know the greatness of that album.

Riptide likes this.
  10. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

The McDLT was the only thing McDonald's had that I would classify as tasty. I loved them. I was disappointed when it was discontinued.

Burger King still makes a fish sandwich that at least you can tell it's a fish patty in there. Eating BK is like eating cardboard, though. You don't feel like you're getting sustenance at all no matter how much you order.

11. SFIND

SFIND Well-Known Member

I tried them on a vacation to Oklahoma/Texas 10 years ago. Their quality was far and away better than any burger joint in my section of the midwest. I probably ate their six times during the week-long trip.

Donny in his element likes this.
  12. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Finding a table in Chick-fil-a is harder.

YankeeFan and JackReacher like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted