1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The final days of McDonald's?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by da man, Oct 16, 2015.

1. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

This guy was an importer/exporter of MCDLTs.
    [​IMG]

2. da man

da man Well-Known Member

No, no, it's because they're white AND Christians. Get your outrage talking points straight.

3. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Just going off of experience.

4. Amy

Amy Well-Known Member

Is this an announcement you are adding a little Fan?

Donny in his element likes this.
  5. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

If so, send them McDonalds Gift Certificates. A perfect gift for any occasion! ;)

6. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Chick-fil-A employees ARE overwhelmingly white compared with other fast food places. Not sure how they pull that off.

Maybe other candidates are averse to saying, "It's my pleasure" while grinning and asking how your grandmother is doing.

7. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Opened two weeks ago. First 100 people got free food for a year - I was not one of them. They were lining up 24 hours in advance in the rain. I haven't been yet (it's near the Garden, 34th and 6th maybe?), though I'm told the lines are horrendous.

Drove home from DC area today, did the McD's drive through. Probably 10 cars in front of me and I thought this may take forever. It was incredibly fast, the food was hot and tasty.

My guess is every fast-food joint has outlets that are perfect examples of efficiency and examples that are total hell. Though I've never been in a total hell Chick-fil-A. Crowded as shit, sure, but they get you through there. It's my pleasure to serve you!!

8. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

I'll wait until they bring it to midtown. There are too many white Christians down there by the Garden who don't think twice before cutting ahead of you in line and hogging all the tables.

YankeeFan and dixiehack like this.
  9. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

The bloom is already off the rose. My friend went a few hours ago (pre-lunchtime rush) and there was no line.

10. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Chick-fil-A readies for Manhattan debut

While it will carry the same menu and keep with tradition of closing on Sundays, the store’s staff has been trained to interact with New Yorkers a little differently. They’ve been trained to “read” customers to know the difference between famously brusque locals who may not be interested in a lot of chit-chat and tourists or business visitors more open to Southern charm.

[​IMG]
    “There’s a reason they say, ‘In a New York minute,’” Farmer said.

I would probably make the effort to go down there if it were a little darker inside, they sold Guinness draft and had sports on a big-screen TV.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2015
    YankeeFan and Dyno like this.
  11. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

Only fast food worth eating is In N Out. Maybe Sonic, if I'm hammered.

12. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Every CFA does the first 100 people promotion, there are some crazy people who target store openings nationwide and make sure they're among the first 100. And the "free food for a year" as I recall is 52 free meal cards. So traveling across the country for that sounds a bit silly. Though, again, the sandwiches kick ass.

Draft saved Draft deleted