1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The final days of McDonald's?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by da man, Oct 16, 2015.

1. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

It's as others said, convenience and reliability. McDonald's is open late and you know what you're getting.

Last time I was going to stop in a McDs after a late meeting, probably around 10 p.m., the drive-through line was out to the street, so I got Del Taco closer to home when I didn't need to eat it in the car.

2. Brian

Brian Well-Known Member

I know that at my worst, I ate McDonalds 15-18 times a month. It probably made up about sixty percent of the calories I took in each month.

3. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

McDonald's is easy to eat in the car. Subway, Chipotle, not so much.

4. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

McDonalds has always been forbidden in my house, although I never made a big deal if the kids ended up there with some other parent or program. For long road trips with the kids I always packed a cooler or had a planned stop where I knew there was a restaurant I liked.

5. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Moochelle has won!!

6. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

Best thing about McDonald's? The prices. I had two McDoubles, small fries, two chocolate chip cookies and a large drink (diet, naturally) and it was $6.04. Can't beat that for calories per dollar!

7. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Another new Colonel coming from KFC. Whether you like him or not.

KFC customers hate the new Colonel, and the CEO says that's a good thing

The company has previously said that it doesn't mind if some customers — an estimated 20% — hate the new Colonel Sanders ads.

"They're actually talking about KFC, and you can market to love and hate — you cannot market to indifference," Yum! Brands CEO Greg Creed said in May.

With Chick-fil-A's recent expansion and the broader growth of fast-casual chicken concepts, KFC is looking for a way to stand out.

8. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

the new colonel needs to black. Steve Harvey would make a great Col Sanders. Or Sinbad

9. Brian

Brian Well-Known Member

With Chick-fil-A's recent expansion and the broader growth of fast-casual chicken concepts, KFC is looking for a way to stand out.

KFC: Chicken for Atheists

Also, Fast-Casual Chicken Concepts is the name of my new band.

10. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

I'm thinking it's gonna be Trump.

doctorquant likes this.
  11. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

A Riverside County man claims the mozzarella sticks he purchased from a Rancho Mirage McDonald's restaurant did not include real cheese, according to a lawsuit filed in U.S. Federal Court.

McDonald's mozzarella sticks lawsuit: That's not cheese

Like this quote: "It's cheap fast food. What do you think we're supposed to get?" Palm Desert resident Sam Barnes, 21, said outside the Rancho Mirage eatery. "Maybe I'd be upset if I was paying more for what I get.

12. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Man, would I like to be a fly on the wall at the meeting where they pitched Steve Harvey on that.

exmediahack likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted