1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Night is (still) dark and full of terrors — running House of the Dragon thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by 2muchcoffeeman, Aug 19, 2022.

1. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

well technically speaking no body died at Lyanna Stark’s wedding

2. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

"A Westerosi wedding without at least three deaths is considered a boring affair."

I enjoyed this episode, but I have a question about pace.

Are they planning on multiple seasons? Because we haven't even gotten to the actual conflict this season is building towards. I hope this isn't a "OMG THE WALKERS ARE IN THE NORTH NOW .... let's resolve it all in one episode" moment.

3. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

They're working through multiple decades of back story, and they're picking their spots.

Justin_Rice likes this.
  4. JimmyHoward33

They’re definitely renewed for season 2 but I cant see it going 6-7

5. lantaur

lantaur Well-Known Member

Sources say the show’s civil war arc might be shorter than you might expect. While nothing is carved in stone, the current Targaryen storyline is currently plotted to run only about three or four seasons. But even that might not mark the end of the show. Dragon could, in theory, then leap decades forward in time, or backward, to chronicle other major events in the Targaryen dynasty with an entirely new cast — such as exploring Aegon’s conquest or the Doom of Valyria.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv/tv-features/inside-house-of-the-dragon-trailer-cast-1235182776/

6. JimmyHoward33

A show based on the tales of Dunk and Egg or Aegon the unlikely would be pretty good

they could certainly do wholesale cast changes and jump eras under a “house of the dragon” banner in an american horror story fashion

5-6 years down the line there might be more interest in exploring something else entirely, like the formarion of the watch or the how the greyjoys (I assume?) took the seas from the Corlys

7. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Didn't Margaery have two weddings where no one died?

8. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

Yeah but a dude was stabbed at the first one.

Spartan Squad likes this.
  9. 2muchcoffeeman

Can we agree that the problem isn't the wedding, but who you invite to the wedding?

Jssst21 and Spartan Squad like this.
  10. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

In many ways, yes

11. 2muchcoffeeman

Two things.
    1. Rhaenyra’s children are not bastards, and her choice of the father of those children is not treason. It’s a legal conundrum, to be sure, but she’s the heir no matter who fathers her children. No treason was committed there.
    2. All the Velaryons were in on Ser Laenor's fake death. All of them. The only one who didn't know was the poor servant who had the bad luck to be caught in Daemon's way.
    Onward.

12. JimmyHoward33

They are bastards tho. Youre right her succession has no bearing on that but theirs does

and while she’d have the right to name them successors its flimsy and without support from people/houses its not a strong claim

Draft saved Draft deleted