1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Night is (still) dark and full of terrors — running House of the Dragon thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by 2muchcoffeeman, Aug 19, 2022.

1. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

It was so painfully obvious that Rhaena is right there and can fry every one of them and she doesn't; why??? I didn't know about the Kinslaying/honor thing but apparently Aegon killing Rhaenyra would be ok.

It was a nice exciting moment but otherwise the episode didn't make me say "wow."

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I'd say it was meant to intimidate them into backing off, but they have dragons, too. Sure, the Hightowers don't, but the kids do.

3. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

He’s not the King, he’s a usurper, she should feel no lack of honor in roasting his ass. If she feels he’s king she should back his claim and bend the knee. Since she does’t it makes no sense to feel dishonor

Peeve, none of the houses backing either party are ones we know, aside from the Lannisters. Maybe thats done on purpose so as not to stack the deck but its boring. If Beesbury were a Mormont or a Tully or Stark or something that scene carries more weight. Who are the Fells? Etc

heyabbott likes this.
  4. outofplace

I think the issue was kinslaying, as in murdering family members, rather than kingslaying.

Of course, she has no problem with crushing all those regular people in the crowd. I guess that just plays into the theme of the wealthy not giving a damn about anybody else.

JimmyHoward33 and cyclingwriter2 like this.
  5. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

Obi Wan failed to deactivate the Plot-Based Deflector Shields surrounding the dais.

6. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

Consider it a clue as to how devastating the Dance is going to be to many prominent Houses.

7. outofplace

That makes sense. It also fits into what I mentioned above. The people in power don't give a damn about everybody else. The Targaryens primarily care about preserving themselves and their power.

8. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

So, second season is the saga of the legitimate claim to the iron throne? Certainly eye-patch blondie is going to be trouble.

Enjoyed the first season. But the finale wasn’t as good as the previous couple of episodes.

9. cyclingwriter2

cyclingwriter2 Well-Known Member

isn’t there another episode coming for this season?

10. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Oh is there? Quick look and I think you’re right.

Had it in my head that was it. Makes more sense it’s not. Thanks!

Consider me denounced.

11. cyclingwriter2

cyclingwriter2 Well-Known Member

No worries, I figured they had to show princess rhaenyra react before finishing the season.

Deskgrunt50 likes this.
  12. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

The trailer at the end of the episode makes the finale look epic. Something tells me (based on the oldest of Rhaenyra’s boys asking to send him and his brother) at least one of them will be dead by the episode’s end.

Deskgrunt50 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted