1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Pantagraph, Sports Editor, Bloomington, Ill.

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by philly fanatic, Oct 17, 2006.

1. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Agreed. I'd even put the Pantagraph behind the News-Gazette.

2. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

What in sweet georgia brown is a pantagraph?

3. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

All I can think of is pentagram.

It's not similar, is it? :D

4. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Maybe not ... but I'd like to see more.

After working at a place where smoking at your desk was permitted, any place that discourages the practice is good by me.

5. Bloodworth is indeed going to U.S. Cellular Coliseum, circ is 50K and in no way is the news-gazette better than the pantagraph

6. DyePack

DyePack New Member

This thread is unintentionally hilarious. The Pantagraph calling itself Central Illinois' leading newspaper is quite funny.

The sports offerings themselves may not be too bad. The community offers Illinois State, which is doing well in I-AA football and isn't too far removed from some good basketball seasons, and Illinois Wesleyan, which has had some good Division III basketball teams.

The paper has made some strange changes in the last few years, but the managing editor has since left, and things appear to have stabilized (if I can believe the voices from the shadows).

The community has been on sort of a roller-coaster ride with Bridgestone-Firestone, Mitsubishi (which the Pantagraph royally assfucked with some idiocy a couple of years ago) and the standard clueless corridor development common in communities this size. (Note to planners: You don't need 16 cookie-cutter restaurants in four blocks.)

There is one part of town I wouldn't walk around in at night without a bulletproof vest, but steer clear of that and you should be OK.

7. Keystone

Keystone Member

What does "regional candidate" mean?

Does another state that has a Big Ten program count?

8. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

Obviously DyePack knows where Veterans Parkway is located. ;D

9. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Don't we all? Luckily, I've never been in the bad part of B-Town after dark.

10. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Bad parts? Where's the good parts? (Kidding, kidding ...)

11. DyePack

DyePack New Member

Nothing like sticking a chain restaurant at a corner with no visible entrance or exit.

Draft saved Draft deleted