1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Queen is Dead -- Long Live the Queen

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Inky_Wretch, Sep 8, 2022.

1. SixToe

SixToe Well-Known Member

that would be a good start

2. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

Not exactly like there hasn't been a thousand bastard royals down through the ages.
    Or is it royal bastards?
    I can't keep it straight. I'm just a common bastard, and that is entirely based on my disposition not my legitimacy.

maumann and Inky_Wretch like this.
  3. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Oh, yeah, this happened.

4. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

No speaking to the whole knocked up the mistress thing, but I'll lay a five-pound note on the table right now and guess that she had a hysterectomy. Obviously not the sort of thing you want to talk about in mixed company. This may be a red herring, but she was known to have some rather severe hyperemesis gravidarum (morning sickness) for all the kids, and it's possible either by choice or because of some other condition we don't know about, she elected to say "no more." Family friend of ours had one in her mid-30s due to persistent issues of that nature.

5. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Certainly plausible speculation.

6. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

7. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

Rumors of the king’s demise are greatly exaggerated……or are they?

8. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

My niece, too. She’s little and had three kids and just had problems thereafter.

9. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

Another plausible, non-ridiculous theory I heard floated was severe colitis. A colostomy bag and the cosmetic effects of a course of prednisone would both be reasonable causes to want to be out of the public eye for several months.

10. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

This is what I’ve thought it was from the original announcement - some kind of GI surgery that required an ostomy. I have family members with Crohn’s disease who have had extensive surgeries that required longer than average hospital stays and very long recoveries. Throw in an infection or a complication and there’s more of a delay in a return to the public eye. My already thin cousin looked downright skeletal after some surgery and an colostomy bag and it took her a long time to get back to normal.

11. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

CBS just broke into its hoops coverage to air a special report that Princess Kate has cancer. She’s begun chemo treatments.

Once again, F cancer.

Liut and Inky_Wretch like this.
  12. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Oh, that's awful. It was seeming like something bad was going on. Hope for a full and speedy recovery.

Dyno likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted