1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Queen is Dead -- Long Live the Queen

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Inky_Wretch, Sep 8, 2022.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Shoot - really sad news. I hope for a speedy recovery. Tough times in the palace.

2. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

How terrible.

3. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

Have you lived in or were stationed at Buckingham Palace between 1999 and 2023? If so, you may be entitled to compensation...

4. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

The Palace could have avoided all this needless kerfluffle by being transparent from the start.

JimmyHoward33 likes this.
  5. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

I am going deep into the fires of hell for that snort laugh.

UPChip and SixToe like this.
  6. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

I don't understand the photo editing exercise and the lame attempt at fake B roll. Perhaps they didn't know exactly what the problem was.

sgreenwell likes this.
  7. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Did they break into network programming to announce Charles's diagnosis?

franticscribe likes this.
  8. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Not surprised by this terrible news. I hope she makes it through okay. So young. :(

Liut likes this.
  9. Twirling Time

I remember they broke into Sweet 16 coverage for Barr's "exoneration" of Stinky in the Mueller report.

10. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I remember a month or two ago Strahan was away from GMA for a few weeks dealing with a "family matter." He came back. A week or so later he and his daughter talk about her cancer diagnosis.
    Now - we can talk about ABC burying the reason for weeks - I do think medical situations deserve privacy and respect regardless of who it involves - as far as the public is concerned. Let the people involved adjust to the situation, etc. But eventually disclose the absense.
    I still don't exactly know what the deal was with Jamie Foxx or Mary Lou Retton.

11. Twirling Time

All I have to say is HIPPA is not the law of the land in Britain.

Liut likes this.
  12. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

What I also don’t understand is that this was getting out somehow. Super injunctions aren’t enforceable in the U.S. or other countries. Instead of a simple announcement, you leave the world to speculate. I mean, we can’t even trust that this video isn’t a deep fake.

Everyone on the royal communications staff should be fired.

Draft saved Draft deleted