1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Sarah Silverman Show

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by JayFarrar, Jan 30, 2007.

1. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

2. Chef

Chef Active Member

Those jokes never seem to get old.

3. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

You must think they look alike, because their material differs considerably.

4. Msaint

Msaint Member

Yeah, I'm talking about their having the exact same slightly elongated equine face.

5. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

Check that, I can see Lisa Lampanelli deep-throating anyone, hence the Jason Alexander :Roscoe's Chicken and Waffles" line to her at Shatner's roast.

6. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

That was pretty good. Very odd, but good.

7. Perry White

Perry White Active Member

I turned it off after 10 minutes.

8. cougargirl

cougargirl Active Member

Ditto. Too much prepubescent humor for me.

9. subhead

subhead Member

And we're back to that mental image.

10. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Not as funny as I thought it would be.
    Kinda like Scrubs but with a Jewish girl, who wasn't a doctor and not as funny, well no as funny as the early seasons. This season of Scrubs has been disappointing.
    The daily disappointment said in the entertainment section that the original pilot featuring Silverman having sex with God, who is also black, was pulled late and replaced with this episode. That episode will be shown later in the season.

11. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

You can only re-package "Jew-mor" in so many ways and keep it funny.

12. Silverman's jokes are hit and miss because she's willing to take risks ... still I admit I wouldn't laugh nearly as hard at some of her jokes if she was fugly ... her cuteness is part of the act. Are there funny commediennes (I tried to spell that word three times and it still didn't come out right, see: female standups) yes.

Draft saved Draft deleted