1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Soccer Thread (Version 14) — Sing Your Anthem Loudly Edition

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Webster, Aug 11, 2023.

1. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

The Ric Flair of soccer supporters.

Webster likes this.
  2. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

As was Coventry - Wolves on Saturday.

Webster likes this.
  3. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

I turned it off after Wolves went ahead to go on a walk with Mrs. W. She asked if I wanted to watch until the end and I said that there was no need because the game was over.

Huggy likes this.
  4. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

5. Webster

Didn’t have the US going down to Jamaica in the first 30 seconds.

6. Webster

Own goal to tie it in the 96th. Crazy.

7. YMCA B-Baller

YMCA B-Baller Well-Known Member

A month ago, I posted that Leicester was likely free and clear for auto promotion.

Now Leeds (!!!!!) have caught them and are on top of the Championship table ... albeit with Leicester having a match-in-hand. Leeds were 17 points down on Jan. 1. Amazing scenes in my fandom.

More to the point, Leicester is absolutely, positively FUCKED whether they get promoted or not.

I wouldn't mind a points deduction now-ish ... said the person with absolutely no ulterior motive whatsoever.

Premier League charges Leicester with spending breach

8. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

There was some consternation among the Watford support base that relegation was on the table. But nine points clear of the drop with eight fixtures left, I think the Hornets are safe, barring a complete and total collapse. Watford is on 48 points, which has been enough for safety in five of the last six seasons. The highest point total of a relegated team was 52 (Leicester in 2007-08). Watford is good enough to scrape five points out of eight games, I think. I'm actually glad they're not in playoff position. Not financially sound enough to compete in the Premier League right now as it is. Another year in the Championship is fine.

9. Webster

Not surprising, but ridiculous that the US is playing an away game on home soil.

10. Webster

That is some strike by Tyler Adams.

11. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Brace yourselves.

It's now Dos a Cero,

2muchcoffeeman and Inky_Wretch like this.
  12. Webster

Bizarre that Claudio and the Mrs. get a box for the match.

Draft saved Draft deleted