1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Soccer Thread (Version 8)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Inky_Wretch, Aug 2, 2013.

1. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

El Tri lose at home to Honduras.

2. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

If Panama can beat Jamaica (scoreless in the second half), El Tri would be fifth coming to Columbus.

3. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Just an embarrassing performance.

4. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Congrats Jozy Altidore. You picked up one of the dumbest yellows I've seen.

5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

The pregame and first 10 minutes of the USMNT match were a freak show of horrors. But, hey, at least Mexico lost.

6. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

It was, but if he's really not 100 percent, it may end up being smart. The Mexico game is not a must win and I'd rather have him ready for our last games.

7. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

OUCH!

http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/soccer-dirty-tackle/moment-michael-bradley-hurt-ankle-proved-u-most-010841563--sow.html

8. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

Egad ... how did it not break??

9. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

I just got around to seeing the yellow card handed to Matt Besler that led to his suspension for the Mexico game.

Embarrassing to say the least. From all parties. The Costa Rican probably knew damn well Besler was sitting on a yellow already. And there is no way any of the four referees saw the incident. Besides, if Besler had done something on purpose, that far away from the ball that caused that much pain, a yellow card wouldn't have been issued. It would have been red.

FIFA needs to start reviewing every yellow and red card from all World Cup games. While many questionable cards will be tough to overturn, Besler's case would be easy to simply say, "There was no contact made by the alleged guilty party. Thus, Matt Besler will not be issued a yellow card and will be eligible to play in the next game."

10. Bruce Leroy

Bruce Leroy Active Member

Yeah, Besler's card was a joke. It'll be interesting to see what lineup Juergen puts together. I just hope the U.S. is able to put something out there tomorrow that looks better than what was rolled out in Costa Rica. It'd be a shame to have such good seats and not see a good game. I was fortunate enough to have a couple buddies who got four tickets apiece, 15 rows up at midfield.

11. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Is it time to think about Guzan starting? Howard looks like he's a step slow these days.

12. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

I'm at LaGuardia. If anyone else is headed to the game and wants to meet up, feel free to message me. Cheers!

Draft saved Draft deleted