1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Soccer Thread (Version 8)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Inky_Wretch, Aug 2, 2013.

1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I've not seen an interview with him yet. Surely he'll be asked.

2. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

Would have been even better if he'd crotch-chopped the Mexico goalie or hit him with a STEEL CHAIR! Then, Bob Ley starts shouting, "My God!" and they cut to black.

3. Inky_Wretch

"Mah Gawd, that's Marcelo Balboa's music!"

4. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Well-Known Member

The USMNT refuses to do things the easy way; Mexico is dripping with talent but mentally fragile. 'Twas ever thus.

BTW, get you to the YouTube and watch Palacios' goal for Honduras -- nutmeg and a dink from close range. All class.

5. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

This was supposed to be the Golden Age of Mexican soccer. Wowie, they've won some FIFA kiddie tournaments. They have major, major issues in Mexico. They had the look of wounded puppy after falling behind. Little to no fight. Once, Landon Donovan began talking shit to Chicharito, and all Chicharito did was kind of look at Donovan with a look of defeat.

The hiring of Klinsmann is looking better and better with each game. The depth he's building is amazing. No Besler, no Jozy, no Bradley, and the USA still wins 2-0. Sir Mix Diskerud's move on Donovan's goal was magical.

6. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

I love Diskerud's game. Very skilled and very calm on the ball. He reminds me a bit of Kljestan, but a little quicker and not nearly as mistake-prone.

7. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

Panama has caught Mexico, drawing level in Honduras. Mexico's World Cup quest is officially in jeopardy.

8. Inky_Wretch

And the USMNT has officially qualified.

9. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

So, Panama hosts Mexico next match. If, by some miracle, they beat El Tri, do we lay down for Panama when we host them in the meaningless final match?

10. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

I mean, it would be the only prudent move. Wouldn't want any of our key players getting hurt.

11. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

Panama needs just a draw in Mexico. Mexico's last game is at Costa Rica. Plus, Panama is ahead of Mexico on goals scored.

12. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

Si. If Mexico were in the same place, you think they wouldn't do the same?

Draft saved Draft deleted