1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Soccer Thread (Version 8)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Inky_Wretch, Aug 2, 2013.

1. mjp1542

mjp1542 Member

This is my thought, too. I need to see the style of the numbers and nameplates. I like the crisp white. I like the faint hoops. I could do without the royal, but it's not like it's bad (or worse, like the denim).

2. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

ESPN is stepping on the gas with the politics in pregame. It is absolutely riduculous so far. Nazis, Cold War, pictures of tanks, Ian talking about dead bodies in the streets.

3. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Wilshire out for 6 weeks -- that's going to make the Gunners uphill battle even steeper. It's just crazy that the best players have to play meaningless friendlies during such a busy time on the calendar.

4. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Allegedly, the USMNT's away jersey for the World Cup ...

RT @BestSoccerShow: RT @grahamruthven: This one looks legit. #usmnt http://t.co/S7NUaD8GQE

5. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

No thoughts on the Ukraine friendly? I thought the defense and midfield were pretty poor - Gooch is slow and washed up and Brooks was unimpressive. The midfield didn't have anyone with the vision or ability to move the attack forward, and Ukraine knew it. It just shows how much we need Bradley and Donovan.

Geoff Cameron should never be allowed to try to serve a ball from the flank. I think he went about .100 when it came to getting anywhere close to good service.

6. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

My God, that's an amazingly stupid decision by the Crew.

7. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

A player rejecting a penalty after the ref awards it? Obviously not an Italian.

http://blog.foxsoccer.com/post/79100223350/fair-play-bremens-aaron-hunt-rejects-penalty

8. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

If Wigan keeps this up...the ratings in the U.S. for the FA Cup are going to be awful. Probably will be if Arsenal wins anyway.

9. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

Stuart Holden out 6-9 months after knee surgery. Retire already. This is getting ridiculous.

10. Webster

I watched the foul on Robben for a penalty. He hasn't earned the benefit of the doubt, but for me it was a clear penalty. His left calf/heel was stepped on.

As to Holden, it is sad. He should have had a 10 year career in the EPL and the Nats and now it's hard to see him ever coming back.

11. Webster

Adieu to Le Sulk -- http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/mar/14/nicolas-anelka-terminate-west-brom-contract

12. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Villa stuns Chelsea 1-0 at VP. Great play by Delph and my favorite Villian, Marc Albrighton. Chelsea played the final 22+ with 10 men, but so what. They count the games they win 11-on-10, so you have to count the losses too.

Big bonus for Villa, three unexpected points to move even nearer the safety zone.

Draft saved Draft deleted