1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Soccer Thread (Version 8)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Inky_Wretch, Aug 2, 2013.

1. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

3 penalties for Liverpool at Old Trafford. That's about a decade's worth in the SAF era.

2. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Well-Known Member

Leading the line on our desk tonight were a Spurs fan and a ManYoo fan. Four hours of some of the finest colorful metaphors the English language has to offer....

3. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

Oh my!

4. Webster

If United are embarrassed at home by Olympiakos on Wednesday, Moyes has to be in trouble, right?

5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Part of me thinks so, even though I think you've got it give him at least two seasons.

6. NoOneLikesUs

No. You have to give him the summer transfer window and see what happens. I think he has until January.

7. Webster

They likely have to decide what to do with the entire back 4 -- Vidic is gone, Rio barely makes the 18, Evra is on the decline and I'm not really convinced by Rafael (he's better for me as a winger). Valencia and Young have not had good seasons and Mata and Fellaini both seem lost. Basically, their wing play has come down to one 18 year old kid.

I really would look to move RvP, (taking a huge loss), play Welbeck up front with Rooney and slip Mata behind the strikers.

8. NoOneLikesUs

So apparently they are leaning toward sacking him.

9. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Well-Known Member

Unless they're also leaning toward sacking some of the players, I don't know how much that's going to change.

10. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Bayern Munich's Julian Green chooses the USMNT over Germany.

11. Webster

It's better than some of these guys who never lived in the US, but he moved to Germany when he was still in diapers. I hate that so much of our pool is filled with players who technically qualify as American but who consider themselves citizens of another country.

12. Webster

They had dug their own hole, but an immense performance by United at Old Trafford. RvP, De Gea and Rooney were immense, and Giggs had his best performance since last year's game at home against Real Madrid.

Draft saved Draft deleted