1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Soccer Thread (Version 8)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Inky_Wretch, Aug 2, 2013.

1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Looks like the USMNT will have a rough time scheduling friendliest in Europe in the future.

http://prosoccertalk.nbcsports.com/2014/03/27/uefa-approve-nations-league-competition-set-to-launch-in-2018/

2. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

Pittsburgh Riverhounds filed chapter 11. Bit off way more than they could chew with the new stadium.

3. PaperDoll

PaperDoll Well-Known Member

The new road kit is out... and in my opinion, it is hideous. Wide horizontal stripes do nothing to flatter the figure, and when did royal blue become part of the American flag?

[​IMG]

Official press release: http://www.ussoccer.com/News/Mens-National-Team/2014/04/140401-Nike-Away-Kit.aspx

4. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Makes me think of Mary Lou Retton.

5. Inky_Wretch

I do not like that. Flip the colors so they are red, white and blue and it might be OK. Of course, then it would look like a rocket pop popsicle.

6. NoOneLikesUs

It couldn't be a lame April Fools joke. No, there is no possibility of that.

7. NoOneLikesUs

Oh dear god, I stand corrected. They are serious. When I saw all the responses on the ussoccer instagram feed I just assumed this was a joke.

What sort of idiot thought unveiling this crap on April 1 was a good idea?

8. Inky_Wretch

USMNT in a 4-4-2. Donovan on the bench to start this DosACero friendly.

9. Inky_Wretch

Sure it was a friendly, but blowing dos a cero sucked. But at least we capped Green.

10. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Is it binding if it's a friendly?

11. mjp1542

mjp1542 Member

The capping didn't matter. He filed his one-time switch, so he can't go back. That said, a cap in a friendly doesn't cap-tie you in the first place. Has to be a true international match.

He played like an 18-year-old. A very talented teenager, but still a teenager.

12. Inky_Wretch

Right, but we got him on the field - which is what a lot of us wanted to see.

Draft saved Draft deleted