1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Soccer Thread (Version 8)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Inky_Wretch, Aug 2, 2013.

1. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Transfer window silly season is full steam ahead. Kroos to RM today. I assume that James will follow there.

I hope Besler makes it to the EPL (and not Fulham). We need guys playing in elite leagues. I also hope that Yedlin makes a jump, but he needs to go to a place where he will get starts.

2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

First half of NBCSN's EPL schedule out.

http://worldsoccertalk.com/premier-league-tv-schedule/

3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Hell of a night of soccer across NBCSN, ESPN2, FS1 and beIN.

4. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

If the theaters are the kind that serve beer...I'm in.

http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/wireStory/us-movie-theaters-show-premier-league-games-24680728

5. Webster

Some of the teams take it seriously and others empty out the academy. I'm seeing more numbers in the 40s than my Sunday morning pick-up hoops game.

6. Webster

Lukaku to Everton for 28 million pounds. He was great for them last year and I think that Everton can seriously challenge for a top 4 place.

7. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

The 109,000 crowd at the Big House has sparked talk of relocating an EPL fixture or two to the States in future seasons, reverse Jaguars style.

My guess for top candidate is Swansea vs. top seven club for a Swans home game. Smallest ground in EPL and therefore smallest attendance. Stoke, West Brom, Hull and Crystal Palace are also candidates if they stay up.

8. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

39th game!

9. Football_Bat

Ralph.

Why send Liverpool to play before 19K at Swansea when they can go stateside and play before 94K?

10. 94K to watch Swansea? Pipe dream.

11. Football_Bat

Match them with Chelsea, Liverpool, Tottenham etc. and watch the money roll in. It's a road game for them. Doesn't matter. Only boosts their brand.

The Dallas Cowboys drew the short straw to go to London this year. Jerry Jones is positively boo-hooing, isn't he?

12. Webster

I guess that Van Gaal has made the first of his decisions on who to offload from Man United this offseason -- Howard Webb retires from being an active referee.

Draft saved Draft deleted