1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The TV thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Versatile, Mar 28, 2013.

1. RecoveringJournalist

RecoveringJournalist Well-Known Member

TV By the Numbers is predicting that it gets renewed. I don't think too many shows usually go from being a Summer series to a mid-season order to a third season, but I'm glad it did. Rules of Engagement was very similar. I don't know if it ever had a full season order, but made it to 100 episodes and syndication.

2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

It helps that NBC has only about six to seven hours of scripted programming coming back - half of it from Dick Wolf.

3. TeamBud

TeamBud Member

During the Gotham finale, I kept waiting to see Joker show up. I swear I saw someone in one of the commercials that had the Joker face. Did I miss it in the show or am I misremembering the commercial? (Or was it a teaser that the bastards used just to get viewers?)

4. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Exactly this. Got really tired of both of these shows very quickly and just pulled the plug.

5. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

I only gave Whitney a tiny look, and have not done that much with Undateable. I did really like Chris D'Elia's stand-up special on Comedy Central.

RecoveringJournalist likes this.
  6. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

Decided to take a flier on Daredevil tonight. Really liking it. I'm not part of comicbooksj, so I don't really know how closely, if at all, this follows those, but it also means that I have no idea what to expect story-wise.
    For whatever reason, going in I had this fear that I'd hate the acting in it. Glad that hasn't been the case.

7. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

amreader, it really is an excellent cast. I wasn't sure what to expect from Charlie Cox, but I thought he was very good as Murdock. I don't love this version of Wilson Fisk, but Vincent D'Onofrio makes it work.

Some stuff is straight from the comics, such as the costume Daredevil wears most of the season. Like most of the MCU, the characters and stories are based in the comics, but not slaves to them.

8. RecoveringJournalist

I think most of the networks announce their fall lineups today.

I know there were a couple of shows that weren't announced yet, but I think of the network shows that were canceled, The Mindy Project was the only one that surprised me, and that's probably headed to on of the online sites.

Undateable was renewed.

9. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I have never watched her show, but Mindy Kaling is just very likable.

10. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

That's a diff'rent strokes thing for sure, Buck. :) I can't watch her.

11. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I didn't watch the American 'Office,' and I've never seen her show.
    I've only seen Kaling on the talk show circuit, and she is very likable.
    Not enough that I want to watch her show, but I do find her very likable.

12. RecoveringJournalist

I wanted to like the show more than I actually did.

sgreenwell likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted