1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The TV thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Versatile, Mar 28, 2013.

1. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Betty was Kate from Petticoat Junction.

lakefront and micropolitan guy like this.
  2. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

He voiced some episodes from bed recovering from a horrific car crash on Santa Monica Boiulevard.

From Wikipedia:

3. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Pretend It’s A City. Martin Scorsese interviews Fran Leibowitz. It’s a series of 7 episodes. Brilliant

OscarMadison likes this.
  4. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Archive 81 on Netflix. Nice slow build.

5. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

heyabbott likes this.
  6. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Watching Mayor of Kingstown on Paramount+, I like anything Jeremy Renner does and this is pretty good. But ... old guy alert ... I'm having the hardest time hearing some of the dialogue (lots of muttering between cops and criminals), and I can't get closed captioning on the show for whatever reason. I know my hearing is starting to slip a little overall but this is the first time I've ever wanted/needed captioning.

lakefront likes this.
  7. Mngwa

Mngwa Well-Known Member

There's a lot of stuff out there on the web about how tv shows seemed to have amped up the background noise/music and it's impacting how the dialogue is heard. I've watched General Hospital since 1979 and a few weeks ago, for the first time, could not hear one of the characters talking because there was so much music. I'm sure my hearing isn't as crisp as it used to be, but I don't think it's just me.

8. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

It's the same thing on sports broadcasts. Sometimes they have the crowd mic cranked up so high you can't hear the commentators. Not that that's a bad thing sometimes ...

OscarMadison and lakefront like this.
  9. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

We have that on the list, but haven’t started it yet.

10. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

I hope she is saying The Golden Girls changed the way people think about sex for older people. They did it before Carrie and the gang.

OscarMadison likes this.
  11. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

12. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Renner was excellent as young Louie's pot dealer.

Draft saved Draft deleted