1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The TV thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Versatile, Mar 28, 2013.

1. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Holy shit - I watch the music channels on Pluto all the time but somehow completely missed the Iron Chef Channel. Thank you for this. Watching it now. It’s the Guinea Fowl Battle.

OscarMadison and jr/shotglass like this.
  2. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

The first episode was very disappointing and way too bloated with characters

3. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Ah, but the ferris-wheel scene was award-worthy.

4. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

I couldn’t disagree more. Felt so forced and strained.

5. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

I thought that scene was creatively done but also exhausting. I'm tiring of the shtick of all of them yelling at and over each other. Fortunately they're not living in the Zoom era.

OscarMadison likes this.
  6. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

I want to like Space Force. Everyone connected to it has proven they can do this sort of thing brilliantly, but it always just misses the mark.

Pluto works fine on Roku for those who don't mind the clunkiness.. Crackle can do little wrong since they gave the world "Comedians in Cars etc..."

Is Slow TV on Pluto? The platform made me run screaming, and this is after dealing with the Commodore64 level tech wonderment that is PBS/PBS Passport. BTW, Iron Chef on IMDB starts with the introduction of Morimoto and may have been redubbed. I miss Scott Morris calling ingredients "maters," "taters," and "nanners" on Dr. Hattori's behalf.

For some reason, my mother would hear the theme to Get Smart and have to go to the kitchen and burn something to get the raginess at it out of her system. I still get the giggles when lawyers talk about "the cone of silence."

PS. I still love Balki and Coozin Lawrrreee.

7. jr/shotglass

I had a Get Smart lunchbox.

I can't recall why.

8. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

You’re really questioning that decision? Was it Maxwell Smart on the shoe phone? Please tell me it was him on the shoe phone…

OscarMadison and Mngwa like this.
  9. jr/shotglass

Well, of course it was. ;)

Spartan Squad likes this.
  10. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Re-watching Low Winter Sun on Pluto. Characters pulled from everywhere: Mark Strong (Kingsmen series), David Constable (The Wire, Billions), Sprague Grayden (6 Feet Under),Athena Karkanis (Mainfest), James Ransone (The Wire), Lennie james (Walking Dead), Ruben Santiago-Hudson (Castle). It's dated a bit, but very good.

11. lantaur

lantaur Well-Known Member

Big Odd Couple fan and they have those on Hulu as well. But, as with Taxi and I'm sure others, not every episode due to copyright issues (i.e. music).

12. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Anyone still watching Billions? Still solid but losing Axe (i.e. Damien Lewis) has really hurt. Mike Prince is simply not the antagonist Axe was. And Wags hasn’t had much to do so far this season. Chuck has been gallivanting around on stupid crusades.

Hopefully the shakeup last episode invigorates the second half of the season. Surprised it was renewed for a seventh season. Maybe They can get Lewis back.

Draft saved Draft deleted