1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The TV thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Versatile, Mar 28, 2013.

1. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Tucci's Searching for Italy sucks you in, every episode.

Wenders likes this.
  2. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

My daughter loves that show, her favorite is the taco, dinosaur, toilet. Sounds weird, but makes sense when you see it.

OscarMadison likes this.
  3. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

We’re in the middle of The Son on AMC+. Season one is two storylines, one in which a kid is taken as a slave and forced to live with the Comanche tribe in Texas. The other is the kid as an adult running a ranch and looking for oil. Pierce Brosnan plays the rancher and it’s a quick watch, being only two seasons.

4. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

So glad this exists and kids are watching it. I'm seven episodes in and am happy to see they've added a woman to the crew.* It matters. As much as I love Poehler and Offerman's Making It, the nice ethos might be a bit much for kids and there's also the fact that they sometimes parody GBBO. Yes, I love GBBO, too, but I doubt they would ever build farting unicorn bicycles or a cat poop trebuchet.**

*There are only eight!
    **The math nerds won, Jimmy!

5. John

John Well-Known Member

I lasted about two minutes watching the new Mike Myers series on Netflix.

garrow likes this.
  6. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

I'm in a FB group for a podcast I listen to, "The Watch," which is mostly about prestige TV. One of the posters there called it the worst thing they'd seen this decade, which... completely tracked for me, having seen Myers on "The Gong Show" revival. He's someone who badly needs good writers and collaborators to be successful, but I think he has a rep for being very difficult to work with. (Less in the "abusive to people" way, and more in the "these ideas aren't going to work" way.)

Hermes and John like this.
  7. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Just watched the Ozark “ending.”

It will be back soon.

Lt.Drebin and garrow like this.
  8. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

Seth Myers seems so...bland? He's a like a designated funny person put together by Replika. I don't dislike him so much as he seems generic. Mike Meyers is like Jimmy Fallon minus the meds.

Last night, I watched the first Episode of Servant of the People on Netflix. It's also streaming on Apple and is bootlegged all over the place. The satire is so sharp in places, it bleeds. I can see why Putin and Trump, those masters of self deprecation and bon-homieness would feel the need to slap down Zelinskiy in particular as well as Ukraine in general. No, this is not the sole reason Russia is raining down nine kinds of Hell on Ukraine, but this exercise in punching up certainly rubbed them the wrong way.

Here is the trailer for Season 2

Here is the first episode:

9. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Caught the first episode in the interminable run-up to the Suns game last night. Typical of Simon, a bit of a slow burn, but enough to bring me back for more. Love all of the old Wire characters showing up in different roles.

10. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Just watched the last episodes of The Office with Steve Carell. I hate that they made him a sympathetic character at the end without him having learned self-awareness The character wasn’t malicious, but he completely lacked empathy and was quite a seriously selfish character. So many cringe inducing moments, he didn’t deserve unearned redemption. Can’t believe of all the Office I’ve seen, I never saw these episodes before.

OscarMadison likes this.
  11. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

He’s great in so many roles.

OscarMadison likes this.
  12. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Hacks is back with 2 new episodes streaming today. We also started The Gilded Age, we looks really nice but is fairly boring.

Draft saved Draft deleted