1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The TV thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Versatile, Mar 28, 2013.

1. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Speaking of NBC, I think they showed a three-hour infomercial for the new Dowton Abbey movie interspersed with the first Dowton Abbey movie. And Dowton Abbey with commercials?

2. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Brought to you by Stiff Upper Lip mustache wax

3. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

4. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

She-Hulk wouldn't be in the SI swimsuit edition if not for the WOKE mob and the cools. #crossthread

SFIND and garrow like this.
  5. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I don't think this has been referenced yet. Taylor Sheridan's next Yellowstone prequel, "1932", will star Helen Mirren and Harrison Ford. Premiere is set for December.

6. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Green New Deal

sgreenwell likes this.
  7. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

I mean, this is no different from when networks would show all of the Harry Potter movies, interspersed with "sneak peeks" at the next movie to be released.
    The E! Network has also been showing the OG series on repeat, I notice. (For those who don't want to deal with ads, it's streaming on Prime and Netflix in the US.)

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  8. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

9. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

It's the items on the crawl I find amusing. They're building up to a dramatic moment and underneath is "Breaking News: Rap Star You Never Heard Of Announces Concert Dates."

Wenders likes this.
  10. sgreenwell

Posted it in the wrestling thread, because it was related to AEW, which is aired on TNT (Warner). But company-wide, they're cutting costs. It wouldn't surprise me if scaling back production for The CW is part of that, especially since they own it 50 percent with CBS, instead of outright. Given all of their other assets, maybe they'll rebrand a channel for more of a teen audience. (Or, maybe I'm overlooking one that already serves that role.)

11. sgreenwell

Mr. Mayor ends its run, seemingly, on a cliffhanger. Fey and Carlock have both had stuff on Netflix in the past, so I wonder if there's some component of their deal that lets them shop the show around. Still, hard to believe there will be a ton of interest in it. I liked the show, but it was always more of a solid C+, B-, vs. even stuff like Girls5Eva or Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt.

12. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Anyone watching The Offer? I have no idea how much of this is bullshit (probably a fair amount), but it's entertaining as hell. The guy playing Robert Evans steals every fucking scene he's in.

Webster and sgreenwell like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted