1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The TV thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Versatile, Mar 28, 2013.

1. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

For anyone who has watched Stranger Things from the beginning, would my almost 10-year old be able to watch it? At least season one?

She’s fine with scary, weird and some mild violence, but I’m more worried about compromising scenes, people in bed, etc.

Thanks.

2. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

Sixth or seventh grade if your going for pure binge.

It’s not the sex. Actually, it does a magnificent job showing teen and adult feeling towards each other, but it’s the violence and tension of the latter seasons.

sgreenwell likes this.
  3. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

4. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

5. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

OK, help.

I am paying for the ESPN+/Disney+/Hulu bundle. I have never been able to log in to Hulu.

How do I do this? Thanks in advance.

6. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I had the same problem. I had to call Disney+ customer service. They were able to talk me through it.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  7. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

All content companies are focusing on streaming now - I remember when there were great shows on basic cable and they owned the summers. AMC, TNT, USA, A&E, FX - BBC America and WGN America too. Seven years is a good run - and there NEEDS to be a female voice in late night. I'd be surprised if CBS doesn't go with a female comedian to headline the panel-type show they're planning after Corden leaves, someone in their late 20s, early 30s.

8. sgreenwell

Well hey, Samantha Bee is now available! ;) Although, she has baggage of her own, between her chummy interview with Glenn Beck, and the business with her kids' private school. Amber Ruffin is also still on Peacock.

9. DanOregon

I dig Sam Bee, but when all the late night hosts are over, or approaching 50 - you start looking the next generation down.

garrow and sgreenwell like this.
  10. sgreenwell

Wow, didn't realize that she was 52 - or, 5'7"! Not sure why, I always thought she was shorter.

I think Kristen Bell would probably be dynamite as a late night host - she was an elite guest for years on Conan and Craig Ferguson - but she's 42 and already has a bag of money from "Frozen." She seems like she just enjoys working on a couple movies or shows each year. Elizabeth Banks is hosting "Press Your Luck," of all things, which she seems way overqualified for, but she's also busy producing and directing important things I want to see.

So yeah, they probably just go younger. They should just grab Comedy Bang Bang all-star and commercial pitchwoman Lisa Gilroy, before she becomes mega famous.

11. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

I think Amber Ruffin deserves a little better. Samantha Bee, meh.

12. DanOregon

The comedy scene is weird these days - an average A-level comedian can do two or three comedy specials a year, maybe a 10-ep streaming show and a supporting role or two in a movie and I'm not sure you could pry them away from that.

Draft saved Draft deleted