1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The TV thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Versatile, Mar 28, 2013.

1. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

Don't forget podcasting either. Conan is on the extreme end, but he's getting $150M to bullshit with his assistant, talk to his producer about James Bond and to lightly mock a celebrity. I mean, his quick wit is ridiculous and I don't think many people can replicate it, but the podcasting sphere is getting infiltrated by celebrities looking for a payday.

2. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Just finished the Other Two on HBO Max. Very funny, sharp, satirical sitcom from ex-SNL scribes. Will have a third season.

3. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Anything good on Showtime? Just got a 30-day free trial thanks to another purchase. Couldn't name a show on there. Shameless?

4. sgreenwell

Shameless is on Netflix, so, probably shouldn't "waste" your time, given that there's like 11 seasons of diminishing returns.

I Love That For You - Vanessa Bayer and Molly Shannon show kind of parodying QVC and the Home Shopping Network. Supposed to be very good, but I haven't seen yet.

5. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

Mom let Spike Jr. watch Episode 1 (he's almost 10)... I'm on the fence about anything past season 1 though. I think a few more years is needed. Luckily he hasn't asked to watch anymore yet.

6. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Billions is worth a look.

jr/shotglass likes this.
  7. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

United States of Tara, too.

garrow likes this.
  8. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Big Billions fans. All caught up on that one.

garrow likes this.
  9. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

I will say, there isn't a whole lot more that I'd recommend.

The Affair is one of those odd shows where I watched the whole thing ... and don't know if I would have if I had it to do over again.

10. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Haven't seen season six yet.

11. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

If you’re into 90s Hip-hop, there is a series on the Supreme Team out of Queens. I’ve enjoyed it. Nas is one of the producers.

TheSportsPredictor likes this.
  12. sgreenwell

Showtime's MO is running shows into the fucking ground, whether we're talking Shameless, Homeland, The Affair...

jr/shotglass likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted