1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The TV thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Versatile, Mar 28, 2013.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I wasn't a reader of the comic, though I had read the first issue a while back, so I only paid a little attention to all that. I did appreciate the look of Mazikeen. I see your point with the look of Lucifer. They clearly have plans for more of her as a key antagonist, so hopefully, that will be better. I know Christie from Game of Thrones and was very disappointed by how they wasted her as Phasma in the Star Wars sequels. I really hope they have her do something beyond acting menacing and losing.

OscarMadison likes this.
  2. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

The first episode of Sandman got me. I’m in.

OscarMadison and Spartan Squad like this.
  3. Regan MacNeil

“Fuck it. Let’s go to Hell.”

This show is tremendous so far.

OscarMadison likes this.
  4. Regan MacNeil

I cried during the baby scene.

OscarMadison and Spartan Squad like this.
  5. outofplace

"Yes, I'm afraid so. That's all there is, little one."

"The Sound of Her Wings" is just a fantastic episode. It really feels like two episodes stitched together, but it works. That little moment is a powerful and well-timed gut punch.

OscarMadison and Regan MacNeil like this.
  6. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

OscarMadison likes this.
  7. Spartan Squad

I hugged my little boy a little tighter after that.

I have the last episode remaining. Saving it for when I can properly enjoy it.

8. Regan MacNeil

Was this a limited series or are we getting another season? I know they recently dropped an extra episode or two.

9. Regan MacNeil

WTAF with that extra episode? I didn’t need to see someone hondo a bunch of kittens. Even in cartoon form.

OscarMadison likes this.
  10. outofplace

Do you mean Episode 10 or 11? The former wraps up the season. The latter is a two-part bonus episode of sorts, the one pissing off Regan and some others. I didn't care for the cat one. The second part was decent.

11. Spartan Squad

I'm talking about whatever part comes after they wrap up the Dream Vortex

12. outofplace

It hasn't been officially renewed yet. Neil Gaiman said recently that there is no final decision on it, though there are reportedly meetings going on to plan Season 2. At best, it is going to be a while.

Red Alert: Netflix Dropped Surprise Episodes of 'The Sandman'

According to this article, the next storyline in the comics is considered by many fans to be the best. The stories we have seen so far are taken from the first 16 issues of a series that reached 75.

OscarMadison likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted