1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The TV thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Versatile, Mar 28, 2013.

1. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

2. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

3. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

Two episodes into Reboot… count me as a fan as well.

Johnny Knoxville is a pleasant surprise.

Speaking of surprises, I wasn’t expecting to see Judy Greer’s tom-toms in the first few minutes either.

garrow likes this.
  4. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

That's not a first for Ms. Greer, but yes, the early flash caught me by surprise, too.

5. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

That was hilarious.

Now I need one on DeSatinist.

6. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

https://screenrant.com/walking-dead-daryl-spinoff-official-title-revealed/

AMC can't seem to figure out how it is going to keep milking The Walking Dead after it is done dragging out this ridiculous final season, but they are damn sure going to do it.

The spinoff featuring Carol and Daryl is gone because Melissa McBride bailed, so now they will have a series simply titled Daryl Dixon. The title of the limited series about Negan and Maggie in Manhattan has changed titles from Isle o the Dead to Dead Island. Now there is going to be a series about Rick and Michonne taking the place of the Rick Grimes movie trilogy they kept talking about for a while.

I'm still slogging along to the end of the main series for reasons I can't quite explain. There are still good moments because some of the cast is talented enough to sell some of this crap, but man has it fallen a long way.

7. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Like many I know who watched the show - I tapped out when Glen got "tapped out." There no longer seemed to be a point to it anymore.

8. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Yep, that was it for me too.

And the two or three seasons leading up to that moment were a total slog to get through.

9. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Jeffrey Dean Morgan really is great as Negan. That was one reason I stuck with it past that point. Now, it's really just momentum dragging me to the end.

10. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Same. I was teetering to begin with, but I pretty much quit after that.

As for seeing something out until the end, I watched about 10 seasons of Shameless and started season 11 and just hard quit. It became unwatchable. That's the Showtime way, though, and I really hope they don't go that route with Yellowjackets, which had a really strong first season.

sgreenwell likes this.
  11. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

The Reboot writers room is the best part of the show.

12. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

From how he looked in the Kominsky Method to how he looks in Reboot, Paul Reiser went through an Albert Pujols like transformation.

Draft saved Draft deleted