1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The TV thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Versatile, Mar 28, 2013.

1. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

Is there a newer version? I've been watching the celebrity editions with Ahmad Rashad and wishing the first two seasons with Cooper were available. "Anderson's Playhouse" was demented fun.

2. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Yes, brand new. First five episodes released last week, three new tomorrow and the last two Oct.21.

OscarMadison likes this.
  3. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I’ve enjoyed the new Quantum Leap so far, but I have a nitpick about the fourth episode. Ben leaps into a woman for the first time, and other than a brief joke or two from Addison in the opening scene, he basically adjusts to being a woman pretty quickly.

The old Quantum Leap at least the first few times had Sam struggling to learn to be a woman. This episode pretty much missed that.

OscarMadison and JimmyHoward33 like this.
  4. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Just finished binge-watching "Welcome to Wrexham." Most episodes, especially those dealing with the team, the community and the actual games, were enjoyable. Several of the others got way off target, tried too hard to be funny, etc., and I just blew through them.

Not quite "Sunderlin 'till I die" quality, but a solid 6 or 7. Also made me happy I'll never have to learn to speak Welsh.

Wrexham are having a pretty solid season this year too, thus far.

5. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Favorite line from the recent batch of "Reboot"

"We need to fill this audience with people who will laugh - not nod their head in amusement."

Last edited: Oct 15, 2022
    garrow likes this.
  6. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Finished Bad Sisters on Apple TV. Great show which got zero buzz.

garrow likes this.
  7. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

I agree. Loved the finale, it wrapped up the story really well.

8. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

From watching postseason baseball, I've learned a new season of Mythic Quest is coming Nov. 11. Love that show.

TheSportsPredictor and garrow like this.
  9. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Paul Reiser is doing work in Reboot. And the joke by Selma about the 1983 Sixers was fantastic

Wenders and jr/shotglass like this.
  10. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

The Reboot writers room needs a spin-off.

11. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

That was the problem with S2 of The Morning Show. EVERY character had to have a storyline. It was too much and wrecked the flow.

12. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

"Knight Rider."

Yes, the show that made Hasselhoff a star 40 years ago, now on Netflix. My wife and I watched the two-part pilot last night, and there were plenty of "that's so bad it's funny" laughs.

Props to the theme song, though. Still cool.

OscarMadison and garrow like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted