1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The TV thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Versatile, Mar 28, 2013.

1. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

When's the Room 222 Reboot? That was a very progressive show for that time. Seeing a compassionate administrator like Michael Constantine really made an impact on a young minority boy back in the day.

HanSenSE and OscarMadison like this.
  2. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

When’s the Mary Hartman, Mary Hartman reboot coming?

3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Or how about a Friends reboot? Have one of them be Monica and Chandler's kid.

4. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Wouldn’t they still be teenagers?

5. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

Given that Emily Hampshire now has five other projects on her IMDB for 2022 and 2023, and that TBS is under the HBO / Discovery corporate umbrella (Zaslov Scissorhands), there's a pretty good chance that was quietly shelved while in development. No updates since the announcement in July 2021.

Wenders likes this.
  6. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

Way, way back in the day when there were Saturday morning cartoons, my mother would get irritable about the cutesy animated kid versions of adult series and movies. The stretched-out prime time series based on movies were bad enough. (M*A*S*H* and The Odd Couple being the rare exceptions.) The opening theme to Saturday Superstar Mooveeeeeeeeeeee and its ilk meant we were sent outside or to play in our rooms if the weather was bad, which was what we wanted to do in the first place.

The first two, maybe three seasons of Night Court were brilliant. Knowing someone is effectively attaching jumper cables to Dan Fielding's junk to get this vehicle moving again makes me feel my mother's pain.

7. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

I vaguely remember hearing a few years ago about a Who’s The Boss? reboot with Tony Danza and Alyssa Milano. I only remember it because Danza’s face now looks like a 1940s catcher’s mitt.

8. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

I just finished the second movie.

It’s great. This franchise will run for a long time.

garrow likes this.
  9. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Season 5 dropped today

[​IMG]

10. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

That did land at Amazon's Freevee, as of June 2022. That one probably has a decent chance of going forward, more because Danza and Milano don't have a ton on their plate going forward.

11. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

And look who is playing Prince big-eared Charles: The Wire’s McNulty.

I tried to watch the first episode last night, and kept laughing until I fell asleep.

I know West is a British actor, but I keep seeing Baltimore.

12. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

I'm rewatching the first Diana season first. The cast for season 5 is absolutely phenomenal, I'm so excited to dive in.

Also, Idk how I'm going to feel about seeing Imelda Staunton as someone other than Umbridge.

garrow likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted