1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The TV thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Versatile, Mar 28, 2013.

1. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Not the first thing I expected to see in my Twitter feed today.

HanSenSE, garrow and sgreenwell like this.
  2. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

I was today years old when I learned Gordon Lightfoot grew up to star in Breaking Bad

sgreenwell and MTM like this.
  3. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

Amazing that he did that, as well as starring as Barney on "How I Met Your Mother" and the title character of "Doogie Howser, MD."

4. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Gordon Lightfoot used to gift his friends donations to a charity in their name. Cheap bastard.

5. jr/shotglass

I heard he once shot a man just to watch him die, too.

6. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

The Good Fight ends. Combined with The Good Wife, a brilliant 13-year run ends. The most underrated show of the last decade, and my favorite of that time.

jr/shotglass and garrow like this.
  7. jr/shotglass

It will go down as Baranski's signature role. And man, the people who passed through -- Chris Noth, Delroy Lindo, Alan Cumming, Audra McDonald, Andre Braugher, Gary Cole ...

8. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

9. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

Same on The Good Wife. Such a superb show.

Just watched Tulsa King, with Stallone. It’s… damn good. A little Sopranos, Breaking Bad but mostly what an GTA character would do to assemble a crew in… Tulsa.

10. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

As a teenager, TV thought me that Kari Wuhrer on Remote Control might be the best thing I see that day. And never F with Victor on Days.

11. jr/shotglass

12. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

The latest season of the Crown was really underwhelming despite Elizabeth Debicki rendering the best performance of anyone on the whole show. Just not many memorable moments. Jonny Lee Miller is solid (if much too young) as John Major.

Draft saved Draft deleted