1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The TV thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Versatile, Mar 28, 2013.

1. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

I don’t think they established that they knew she saw them. Regardless, it’s an incredibly reckless and stupid thing to do.

2. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

3. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

4. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

It's really hard for me to pick up a Netflix series that isn't a sure-fire winner (Bridgerton, The Crown) because they are very trigger-happy when it comes to cancellation.

Hermes, garrow and sgreenwell like this.
  5. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

This is very targeted, which is the reason I haven't posted about it previously, but I've changed my mind and I'm going to give a shout-out and a recommendation to watch for all Star Trek fans: You should see Star Trek: Prodigy on Paramount+.

I didn't watch it for the longest time for a couple of reasons: It's animated, and, its supposedly intended target audience is kids aged 7+. Hence, I figured the who would just be too juvenile. In fact, it is just the opposite: There is good, sophisticated writing and story-telling that has made Season 1 get better and better as it has gone along.

In fact, the series premise and story lines seem kind of beyond kids just 7+, despite its backing from Nickelodeon. Having watched all 18 episodes so far now (with new ones coming out on Thursdays), I'd even question whether it really is a "kids'" show.

No question it is a Star Trek show, though, particularly after the first two episodes. It just feels like Star Trek, despite the fact that the main protagonists are all kids. It's been a good show.

6. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

They WANT
    what we have
    but they don't want
    to arrive at it by
    initiative, they
    want it by
    insurrection.

Extremist terrorists or Americans?

7. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Love the story I read about Paramount Plus execs, being stunned that there would be no season two of 1883. "They're all dead? We already picked up the second season!" So Sheridan went to work on 1923.

Neutral Corner and garrow like this.
  8. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Not too many good jokes in this preview, We're here for the personalities.

9. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

10. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

We’re really doing this:

11. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

micropolitan guy likes this.
  12. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

It looks like the classic bait-and-switch, too ... bring in the old names for one episode and then settle into Red and Kitty and a new generation.

Draft saved Draft deleted