1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The TV thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Versatile, Mar 28, 2013.

1. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

That's fair, and to each their own. I feel the same way about the Bachelor and shows of that ilk. There's no doubt my experience in the game has shaped how much I like and respect the story of the show. Plus, Pedro and Bella are just smashing it out of the park in terms of how this thing is acted.

Spartan Squad, qtlaw and TigerVols like this.
  2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I never played the game, but I've been learning bits and pieces through YouTube videos as I watch the show. They really have done a great job with the deviations from the game.

Regan MacNeil likes this.
  3. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

"You" is back for Season 4 on Netflix; one of the few shows my wife and I agree on. Still pretty good.

garrow likes this.
  4. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

If you're a pro tennis fan, I completed first half of "Break Point" on Netflix, the "Drive to Survive" treatment for tennis. Man its good. Got to see the inside story on Berrettini, Kyrios, Fritz, Jabuer, and Badosa (sp). Man I'm rooting for Ons Jabuer all day, every day going forward. What a cool woman (from Tunisia! to No. 2 in the world!)

Really looking forward to the PGA one in a couple of days.

garrow likes this.
  5. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

As for TLOU Ep 5, I’ve never taken a break after a show to let my emotions normalize before starting something else. Just wow. So good.

6. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I convinced a friend at work to give the show a chance. He has similar taste in movies and television shows to mine but is more of a horror fan. He watched the episode with Bill and Frank Sunday. He said he was thinking he'd rather stay home with his family than go to watch the Super Bowl with a few buddies after watching it. I'm waiting to hear the reaction when he catches all the way up and watches the fifth episode.

qtlaw likes this.
  7. UNCGrad

UNCGrad Well-Known Member

8. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

9. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

All of this. Just everything so far this season has been so well done. Even the slower moments have you riveted and it makes the moments like Episode 5 so much more powerful.

The last shot where you see the pool of blood. The blood pouring out that is mixed with what Ellie thought was going to save Sam. The hope just drained. And the fact that Henry just couldn't take it and shoots himself. You remember how much the world has taken from them and that was the breaking point. The thing that kept him going was gone. Makes you wonder what is keeping Ellie going or Joel.

Roscablo likes this.
  10. Roscablo

Roscablo Well-Known Member

There are elements of this that aren't much for my liking on paper. I am not a horror, although this isn't really that, or be scared for entertainment kind of guy. That said, there hasn't been a lot of that and I do like tension and stress for some reason.

Overall, just an amazing show so far with the performances and the relationships with dealing with this awful world wrapping it all together.

TigerVols likes this.
  11. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

12. Roscablo

Roscablo Well-Known Member

Just caught up last night. I didn't start watching until late last week, so obviously I had heard a lot of the praise of episode 3. So while really good, I am not sure it hit me as hard as if I would have had no idea what was about to happen. I am trying to avoid game spoilers as I go but it is hard with recaps tying things together and now being on TLOU TikTok! I saw some of what the Frank and Bill stuff actually happened in the game and man, the differences just make both stronger in my mind.

Anyway, episode 5 was just fantastic. It hit me harder than episode 3. They have done an amazing job putting all this together.

Draft saved Draft deleted