1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The TV thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Versatile, Mar 28, 2013.

1. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

the whole thing at the diner felt too close to Kim Wexler self punishment land for me but oh well

2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I probably spend more time reading about TV than watching it these days - at least at the network level. Anyway, CBS uncancelled SWAT for a final s7 of 13 eps and cancelled East NY instead. It's all about the deal-making with broadcast - how much of a percentage can the network get from producers , studios if they pick it up, streaming rights, cost-controls. CBS is extremely effective at forcing shows to cut costs if the want another season. Show quality and ratings seem to be well down on the list.

3. DanOregon

And I'm still ticked at HULU cancelling Reboot. They could have had some fun with Writer's Strike storylines.

garrow likes this.
  4. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

I'm happy about that because a PA of mine back in my ESPN days is a writer on SWAT and he deserves every good thing he can get. As for East NY all I know about it was the promo during every CBS football game this fall featuring Jimmy Smits barking "welcome to East New Yawkkkk!"

garrow likes this.
  5. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

I’ve cut out most network procedurals. With baseball and NBA and NHL playoffs cutting into viewing time, I find streaming shows to be more interesting in the time I have left.
    I fell weeks behind on shows like the FBIs, Magnum and The Equalizer, and will probably never catch up.

6. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

7. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

I remember a movie a couple years ago.

[​IMG]

8. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

So Pete Davidson is just going to do bad commercials?

9. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

He's in a new Peacock show with Joe Pesci. It's supposed to be pretty good.

10. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

Pete Davidson and Joe Pesci doesn't make the heart race. Seems more like a gimmick.

11. DanOregon

I thought the SAME THING! Weird thing about streaming instead of watching live TV, you never hear about new shows coming on. Used to love the TV Guide or EW Fall Preview issues, to figure out what I should be looking out for, but even those are hard to find.

garrow likes this.
  12. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

I tried to watch Longmire. I really did. At somewhere around the 22-minute mark, the title character was a jerk to his partner, obtuse about the goings-on in town, and flipped over his truck on a straight stretch of road with no oncoming traffic. He just did not seem to be very good at his job.

Back to the later episodes of Carol Duvall on whatever her show is called. She really looks like she wants to stab some of her guests in the neck with pinking shears and I am there for it.

Draft saved Draft deleted