1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The TV thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Versatile, Mar 28, 2013.

1. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Somewhat subpar ending to Barry. Oh well.

2. Tighthead

Tighthead Well-Known Member

I’ve been a huge fan, but that’s a little how I felt. I know Hader always viewed Sally as the central character, so from that point of view it made sense. If felt a little forced/rushed in getting to its ending.

garrow likes this.
  3. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

She's a tremendously talented actress.

Tighthead likes this.
  4. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

I liked the Barry ending more than Succession anyway. It was surprising and well done; could’ve been better but still good

Tighthead likes this.
  5. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

That’s kind of how I felt. They could’ve told a better story without so much time dedicated to Hader quietly mugging and emoting.

I did like the Hank-Fuches Reservoir Dogs callback, though.

6. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

I thought it was great. The last scene that actually featured Barry was what the Sopranos ending should’ve been.

JimmyHoward33 likes this.
  7. lantaur

lantaur Well-Known Member

Yes, please. (Really hoping they don't screw this up.)

garrow likes this.
  8. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

It's Elmore Leonard source material, and Timothy Olyphant, with Graham Yost executive producing (tho not showrunning). I don't see how they could get it wrong.

garrow likes this.
  9. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Speaking of Graham Yost, since Lasso wasn't streaming until midnight eastern last night, I gave Silo a shot on Apple+. Interesting premise. Music reminds me of the Fallout video games. Will keep watching.

10. Regan MacNeil

Lasso and Mythic Quest are the only Apple TV shows I've watched, even tho I've had the service pretty much from the beginning. (My wife gets a lot more use out of it.) I have watched that Tom Hanks WWII Atlantic movie and the first episode of The Afterparty (and the first episode was funny).

There are several other shows I want to watch. Silo is one of them.

11. Regan MacNeil

My only concern is they cast Olyphant's daughter as Raylan's daughter. I hope she can act.

12. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

This and Justified had the most perfect final scene, well, ever. So even thouugh this is an addendum it could mess with that

Draft saved Draft deleted