1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The TV thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Versatile, Mar 28, 2013.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Catching up on the latest season of Survivor - when players say they have built puzzles from past seasons to prepare and then ace those same puzzles when they are cast - maybe it is time to change up the puzzles? And the challenges is general?

OscarMadison likes this.
  2. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

3. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

The show is aging poorly. It's the same location and the same challenges each season. There are also too many idols and other advantages, which take away from true gameplay and surviving. And Jeff Probst becomes more insufferable each season. Almost no one is watching to see him. He yammers incessantly during challenges and tries to turn anything emotional into a Oprah moment.

OscarMadison likes this.
  4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

We finished Shrinking tonight. I really hope there are more seasons. It's so good, and it's something my wife and daughter love as much as I do. The cast is great, especially Ford. It is really funny, but deep as well. And that last scene! Boop!

Wenders likes this.
  5. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

Already renewed for season 2.

6. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I was hoping I would read that here or somewhere else. They certainly left enough open to keep going. Is it bad that I want to work the phrase "safe dick" into a conversation somehow? I can't imagine how I would do it, but the concept is just too good.

7. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

I’m really enjoying “Based on a True Story” on Peacock. Kaley Cuoco and her husband stumble upon the identity of a serial killer and instead of turning him in, they start a podcast about him.
    It’s funny and suspenseful at the same time.

Wenders, Deskgrunt50 and OscarMadison like this.
  8. Tighthead

Tighthead Well-Known Member

I’ve started on on Righteous Gemstones, early into the second season.

It’s not bad. I like the premise, and it’s a great cast (not enough Goggins).

I think I would enjoy the show more if the family were more on the grift. The opening scene, with the planes and the fleet of Mercedes had me expecting that. But the characters are flawed but generally well intentioned.

I think it would be a better show with a darker edge.

9. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Charlie's 2 sisters are great additions to Always Sunny.

10. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Such a great cast, but it is a little too hyper for its own good - like most Adam DeVine and Danny McBride things.

11. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

I started on it, but my aversion to Adam Devine vehicles steered me away.

Tighthead likes this.
  12. Tighthead

Tighthead Well-Known Member

DeVine especially, for me. He’s a small doses guy.

I generally like McBride, but he was too self indulgent writing his character here.

Draft saved Draft deleted