1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The TV thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Versatile, Mar 28, 2013.

1. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

I noticed VH1 is replaying Behind the Music episodes. I think my favorite was Poison. CC DeVille said something like "I had all the influences, I just couldn't make them come out of my fingers!" Rikki Rocket was s hairdresser and the reason for the huge hair.

Anybody remember Bands on the Run? That was a good reality show just for the fuckup factor.

2. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

Watching Stars on Mars. It's silly fun for everyone who isn't taking it or themselves terribly seriously. I'm lookin' at you, Ms. Rousey. William Shatner will now and forever be "Shatty Daddy" thanks to this show.

3. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

Angels, College World Series, golf: All start at noon today. I only have two eyes. What to do, what to do??

4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I watched a couple of seasons, but it just didn't hold my interest.

5. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

New season of The Bear is great so far. Living up to pretty high expectations.

Up to the Christmas dinner episode. Watched it tonight and just incredible. Really triggered my anxiety and showed my idea of social hell.

Many big cameo appearances that I won’t spoil. Excellent performances all around.

Abby Elliott stood out to me with her performance. Far quieter than everyone else in the episode but she really did a lot with it.

I felt it deep on the shots of her at the dinner table. The look in her eyes. I was that person at one point.

whew.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2023
    OscarMadison likes this.
  6. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

For those into fun, mindless TV, check out Claim to Fame on ABC. The shows brings together relatives of famous people and the other contestants have to guess their link. The last one remaining wins $100k. Yes it's "reality," but it doesn't take itself too seriously.

The second season began Monday and the person voted out had an epic meltdown.

OscarMadison likes this.
  7. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Watching episode 2 of The Bear. Where has Robert Townsend been?

garrow and Deskgrunt50 like this.
  8. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Finished The Bear Part II.

I loved it. Ultra-high stress and tension mixed with quiet moments. Great exploration of the characters away from the group.

The Christmas dinner episode and the Ritchie episode really stand out.

It does such a good job at stress/tension that it really really taps deep into my anxiety issues. Perhaps I’m more aware of them now than I used to be. But damn it hits me in my kitchen (pun intended).

9. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Man Black Mirror is good. Through 3 episodes. Very twisty.

Spartan Squad likes this.
  10. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Steven Soderbergh is directing a six-part miniseries for Max with Timothy Olyphant, Zazie Beets, Claire Danes, Dennis Quaid CCH Pounder...and Jim Gaffigan!

11. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member

Warrior season three is on Max. First two seasons were outstanding but figured the show was dead.

Any other Endeavour-heads out there? Series finale on Sunday. Probably my favorite of the 478 British murder mystery shows.

12. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted