1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The TV thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Versatile, Mar 28, 2013.

1. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Anyone catch this week's Sunny yet? Several familiar faces return.

poindexter likes this.
  2. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

How big a role does Chicago play in The Bear? Do they show a lot of Chicago locations and make a lot references? Just curious.

3. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

We watched episode six of the second season of The Bear. Our son had warned us that it is devastating. Devastating but brilliant. Powerful story of the family history and dynamics. Some well-knowns make guest appearances. The writing and acting are among the very best.

The Bear is steeped in the essence of Chicago, but it’s rarely set in iconic Chicago sites.

Webster and TigerVols like this.
  4. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

I can't care enough to get through the first season of The Bear. Is there some point?

5. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

Freddy Got Fingered has more reason.

6. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

As far as episode 6 of Hulu shows go, if The Bear is a 10, The Great is at least a 9.

7. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

I've finally been able to watch 1883 on free TV. It's far better than Yellowstone.

8. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Watched a lot of Taxi on Freevee. Hadn't watched it since I was a kid. Great, great show. Didn't realize it won so many Emmys.

Christopher Lloyd was so damn hilarious. Often, you'd see other actors just laughing at his antics.

Lots of bit parts played by later famous actors like Martin Mull, Tom Selleck, Ted Danson etc.

And the episode where Louie is dating a blind woman who has a chance to get corrective surgery and he's terrified she might find him hideous is heartbreaking.

OscarMadison likes this.
  9. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

Jury Duty on Freevee / Amazon - a slow burn, but delightful, with a shocking good ending. Even if you're only "meh" on the concept, like my wife was, you can watch the last 5 minutes of the penultimate episode and then the last episode, and its delightful. So glad that Marsden got a nom for it - he has to play a Wile E. Coyote-esque horse's ass for much of the show, which had to be tough, even if he knows the outcome.

garrow likes this.
  10. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

There is one in every crowd.

Spartan Squad and sgreenwell like this.
  11. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

A young Tom Hanks plays iggy's stoner college roomate in a flashback episode, I believe.

It was my favorite show when I was young. Every role was nuanced.
    I got a life preview the time Alex was showing a newbie around the cab company. For some reason it always stuck with me:
    "That guy over there - he's a boxer. That guy - he's an actor. She's into art. Me? I'm the only cabbie."

12. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Taxi is an all timer.

Looking forward to the new Justified. It seems to be just Raylan and entirely new cast.

Neutral Corner, sgreenwell and garrow like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted