1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The TV thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Versatile, Mar 28, 2013.

1. JRoyal

JRoyal Well-Known Member

I didn’t think they could top “Fishes” and then I watched “Forks” and was in awe. Two of the best back-to-back episodes of a show I’ve seen in a long, long time.

jr/shotglass and qtlaw like this.
  2. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

I enjoyed it all the way up to the finale, which was so unbelievable. They sneak into Camp David, then he runs up to and holds the President at knife point? Ummmm… no.

3. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

yeah there was a lot of BS there

Leading up to that, I had a bunch of yeah right moments, but it was entertaining. They didn’t need to go over the top like that at Camp David. The whole plan falls apart because of one thing

The minute Secret Service can’t use their radios, they are not bringing the president in. Not happening. And the Chief of Staff is not snuggling two people tagged as threats to the president in the trunk of her SUV where the guards can’t see in. They are checking the truck. No matter how much the COS argues and threatens.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2023
    Killick and 2muchcoffeeman like this.
  4. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Yeah, that was unfunny for 25 minutes, then five minutes of Black Mirror.

The season started so well. The first two episodes had a) Mac getting sick on mixed nuts, and b) Charlie's awesome sisters.

The rest of the season staggered to the finish line.

5. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

We watched it religiously until the moment Taye Diggs met his fate. And just as quickly dropped it. I didn't want to watch a grieving episode the following week, and never returned.

6. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

The final scene of Jack Ryan is pretty damn good.

The rest of the series is a lot of action and try not to think how they get from point a to point b so quickly.

I do appreciate how they can take make an action series with military members and not wrap themselves in the flag while doing it.

7. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

I couldn't finish it. I didn't recognize the writer.
    A few years ago I thought the show was done, but it came back with good seasons.

8. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

"Glitch: The Rise and Fall of HQ Trivia" on Max. I love documentaries in this genre, and it didn't disappoint.

Webster and Deskgrunt50 like this.
  9. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

That was great. I was on HQ Trivia early. Loved it. The documentary is bonkers.

garrow likes this.
  10. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

The three-part Jared Fogle documentary. Man, I forgot or I didn’t realize how much dirt they had on that sicko.

Lots of actual voice recordings of what he was into and wanted to do to kids. Extremely disturbing.

The charges/arrest/guilty plea happened so fast in summer 2015. I was certainly aware of the story but had forgotten how heinous his crimes were. And how much of a double life he led.

The doc itself is well done. Probably could have been a tight 90 minutes and not three parts with a lot of repeated info. But episodic documentaries are all the rage lately.

But yeah, be warned. It’s pretty disturbing.

11. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Just finished. Chef’s kiss on the ending.

12. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

Futurama is back, this time on Hulu. It poked fun at everything to do with television, with Futurama, with pop culture. It was Community-level self-reflexive. It might be fun when everyone calms down, FWIW, I preferred their swipes at "Fulu" to Black Mirror's cutesy "Streamberry."

Deskgrunt50 and sgreenwell like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted